Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #21
Bronze Member

on the roadtrek site, you can go to support and on that page you can download the manual. I downloaded the How-to for Zion but most o the systems are the same.
Whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
on the roadtrek site, you can go to support and on that page you can download the manual. I downloaded the How-to for Zion but most o the systems are the same.
Just want to make sure that you know that if you sign-up for RT email you can score a $1000 rebate since you bought a Simplicity.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:26 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Just want to make sure that you know that if you sign-up for RT email you can score a $1000 rebate since you bought a Simplicity.
Where would I do that?
Old 06-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Where would I do that?
You are being redirected...
Old 06-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #25
Bronze Member

Ok, did that - now have to wait for a Roadtrek ID or similar than send them back to sales. Will see how this works out ...

thank you for the heads up
Old 06-29-2018, 06:09 PM   #26
Bronze Member

unfortunately, if you bought your RV before you signed up no 1000 rebate for you ... well hopefully somebody else will learn from it
Old 06-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Default Radio system

Well, now that I am comfortable on teh RV side I have a question on the stock radio on this model. I see MP3 and USB signs but no way to connect anything or just found nothing to connect.

There is only one USB connector in the driver area which is a charging port (next to teh 12v charging port). No Aux or any other port.

Do I miss something or the Radio itself support some of those but the basic ProMaster configuration does not contain the connection ports?
Old 07-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #28
Bronze Member

Updated the radio, the system installed backup camera os teh radio and the backup thing is sorted out now. Can somebody tell me where exactly the coach battery is located and how easy is to access this location?
Old 07-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #29

Quote:
On my way to pick up the first ever RV... I know what I expect from it and how I would to to use ... but will see how all works out.
Hello,

Wondering if you have any updates for us...how are things going with the Simplicity?

General question for those that looked at the Simplicity and/or the Zion...what made you choose one over the other?

Looking for a first coach and the Zion SRT is one of the contenders but wondering if a Simplicity SRT would be a cheaper alternative. Need a sub-20 foot unit and a little leery of the Sprinter-based units and the related emissions issues.

Thanks in advance for any input/insights.
myin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #30
Bronze Member

The Simplicity works well .

Driving the rig feels natural and confortable. We took it out for a short overnight stay around Joshua tree National Park. We parked at a KOA and only hooked up to a 30Amp electric. All systems worked well . The bed was more confortable than I expected. Water heater , fridge, AC , microwave all worked as expected.

We are satisfied with the performance. Unfortunately I was very busy until last weeekemd so we are working on some weekend trips for August, September.

Driving from home to cam site and back I was getting about 17.2 miles.

One thing I want to work on is to maybe add another battery and maybe solar. With our current intended usage the little RV does everything as expected and above.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:03 PM   #31

We have a 2018 Simplicity SRT. We purchased in May. We are currently on an extended road trip and we love it. We drove from San Francisco to NewYork and have had no issues. It is easy and comfortable to drive. It fits just about anywhere. We got an average of 17mpgs. We do have solar batteries and watch the gauge closely but haven’t had any problems. We felt the Zion was to expensive. We have no regrets.
Fico4gapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #32
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico4gapp View Post
We have a 2018 Simplicity SRT. We purchased in May. We are currently on an extended road trip and we love it. We drove from San Francisco to NewYork and have had no issues. It is easy and comfortable to drive. It fits just about anywhere. We got an average of 17mpgs. We do have solar batteries and watch the gauge closely but haven’t had any problems. We felt the Zion was to expensive. We have no regrets.
solar batteries ????
Old 07-31-2018, 02:58 PM   #33

Solar panels on the roof. We don’t have lithium battery. I think the battery we have is called an AGM.
Fico4gapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #34
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico4gapp View Post
Solar panels on the roof. We don’t have lithium battery. I think the battery we have is called an AGM.

Simplicity have no solar.