Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default The New Folks in the Class B Forum

Hello to every one,

Don't you just love this life? Getting out onto the open roads in search of the next Service Station. lol, Joking...It's not that bad, in fact, I look forward to some of my stops. Checking over the RV like a mother hen, Tires, Clean the front windshield, Doors and tow vehicle still attached to the MH. lol. Would be nice if we had a fellow RV'er passing and providing a thumbs up or down?
So we would if all is Okay or maybe we could safely stop and find what we left UP like that TV antenna on top of the RV, lol

I have been camping from the time I was a small child with my father and uncles who had PopUps, Tents, Trailers. Then Boy Scouts, Young Marines as well as active duty. As a Youngman, I owned my first Ford Van which I converted to a sleep VAN before conversations were a popular thing to have. I'm sure it all started back in 1957 with the family and I was a bit of a firebug. Sometimes I think I still are one. (This I did for the bad grammar folks to have something to write about.) As I love to Bar-B-Que almost anything and mostly what I catch as my wife draws a line about gutting Pigs, Deer for the meat. Fish cooking has never been much of an issue for her. But once outside I clam the Grill, in whatever form, Stove, Coles, Pitfire, Campfire and so on. Doing this was handy for me instructing folks after a saver weather disaster, to pop-out the Grills.

Having a Class A, gave me some wonderful fun campfire stories with friends and BEER. Love the park get-togethers where the ladies will as everyone to bring a dish, for dish night. My wife makes a killer potato salad with cream cheese. I'll do a small sampling of meats, but I have learned to affix names to them as some folks just have to know.

Going to a Class B, is going to be a change for us and that's Okay. A road trip should have a few added Hotel stops, dry cleaner visits without the small of the campsite and smoke in your clothing. I also love all the little attachments, filters, water check, and flow regulators, doorstops, fuses, lights, batties and night security fence with motion alerts.

As I near age 70-years Old I still love the smell of woods fire, nothing like it in the world. Have you ever noticed after a fire the green grass popping up from the ground, life-renewing itself all over again? I love cool morning air and watching the young folks out for a morning run. I like getting away from the campsite on a hill and looking back at all the campsites as the day comes to its end as the Sun sets behind a mountain, I may enjoy a nice Cigar and recall the adventures with our children, now with children of their own. The grandchildren sharping their knives, checking their fishing gear before the morning boat ride across the lake to catch that big one. Do you remember your first catch and the many family pets that came along just for a pat on the head?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Dogman. That's a perfect way of encapsulating the reasons we travel. For the memories. Each of us has our own that are special to just us, but I see myself in some of yours. Especially as we enjoy our travels with our 70lb. standard poodle Typhon (aka - "Ty the Wonder Dog"). At 12 yrs. old it may not be that much longer, but he's game to be with us wherever we go. So far that includes the Statue of Liberty.

After the initial down-sizing adjustment, you'll love the ease of driving and parking your new class b. It will change the way you travel, for the good mostly. I hope you are able to take delivery as expected. Then, let us know what you like about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8792 Large e-mail view.jpg (79.9 KB, 11 views)
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper van, dog, tent