Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #1

Default We're new Rialta owners!

My husband and I have been looking at Rialtas for years...finally bit the bullet and bought a beautiful 2005 which looks like new. Thank you previous owners!!!
Getting ready to take our first trial run a few hours from home for two nights. VERY excited! Oh the places we'll go, the things we will see...(to quote Dr. Seuss).

awgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
rem
Gold Member

A big congrats, have lots of fun & be safe

rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Rialta world! If you are like me, you will find that this machine will really surprise you at how versatile and comfortable it is. Not sure which floorplan you got? Mine is a 1999 HD. There are not many differences in years. Your 2005 has the 201 horsepower engine which gives it just a bit more zip than my 1999. Fuel mpg are just about the same in both versions. My previous owner did not turn anything on ever so I had to spend some time resurrecting many systems. I exercise all systems and now everything works great! Do not hesitate to use the shower. It actually works great and is so nice to not have to run around campgrounds to bathe. The shower drains (via Power Drain button) into the Black tank so you have a few quick showers if you are self contained. I find the bed awesome, large, and very comfortable. My model has the dinette seats that convert to the bed. Because the Rialta has the motoraid water heater you will always have hot water after at least a 30-45 minute drive or more. If hooked up at the campgound the water heater switch will take over of course. I use the rear automotive heat quite a bit and that feeds off the motoraid system. The manuals aren't too clear as to how these work or how to operate them. You will find a black knob near the heater outlet (under the wardrobe door in mine). One direction opens the valve and the other closes it. It is not labeled (I put a small H and C at each end so I would know which is Hot or Cold). I think counter clockwise is Cold and fully clockwise is Hot. You will figure it out when the engine is running. I love the fuel economy, the virtually silent engine at highway speeds, and the almost private jet-like feel while underway. I shouldn't admit this but the Rialta maneuvers better at high speed curves than my 2009 convertible. I was chased by a crazy person who was harrasing motorists on the freeway and took mine past 100mph and it didn't even phase it. ( I got away!!!) These are perhaps the most fantastic RV's ever made. Hope you have lots of fun!!! Let us know!

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote