Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 03:12 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 02 RT Pop, Dometic 2453. Where to locate fans & Tstat?

OK. I've got a couple of fans and a variable temp "snap switch"I want to install for use during hot weather, My main question is...Where (on the back of the fridge, do I attach the snap switch/tstat within the fridge, so it gets the best "input" temp? Thank you.

P...
PJW73NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #2
Platinum Member

my temp controlled switch is on the tubing as close t the burner as I could get- top rt viewed from the rear.

I also have 2 fans with a manual switch, these blow out through the grate/ cover

as well as a small fan inside the fridge to move cold air around the food

all fused

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks Mike.

Any chance you could post a picture? I am going to try and do this without taking the fridge out if I can.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:46 PM   #4
Platinum Member

OK. Along the same vein, Maybe someone can chime in with the best place to drill holes for the panel switch and the pilot light. I need to find a place to route the wires from somewhere in the kitchen area to the rear of the fridge compartment without getting in the way of anything else (wires/gas etc).

Certainly SOMEONE has done this before...

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I had an '05 RT190, with the Snyder Fan System. I am working from memory, but the fans were like the computer fans, it had a piece of pvc guttering mounted upside down on the upper portion of the fridge. I drilled a hole thru the front trim and a long wire to feed the wiring for the toggle switch. I also had a fan inside that was battery operated. All in all, it worked for us. I understand that one of the big boys bought out Snyder and now have their system on the market. Ron
Old 05-11-2017, 12:28 AM   #6
Platinum Member

late reply sorry- we been camping...

the 2 fans i added- I think I got 6 for $15 on ebay- they are quite efficient I control with a switch

the previous owner added a fan kit, which you can just see behind my fans, the sensor you can see top right

i also have a small fan inside my fridge- I salvaged that out of an old vcr...the wiring for that uses the same hole in the back of the fridge as the drain hose from the tray under the cooling fins

this is a pleasure-way lexor- it seems that I have better fridge access than some other rv owners

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Ron & Mike, Thanks for the replies.

Mike, your sensor position is very helpful. Thank you. I'm not sure I can easily access that area, but I am going to try.

Ron, Thanks. My main concern is finding a pathway to the back of the fridge from the front cabinet/counter face for the wiring without contacting any crucial conduits. I'll have to do some measuring and careful eyeballing.

Thanks.