Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #1

Default 1989 Dodge Fiesta XRT help needed

I need info on how to set up this camper to run the electrical devices, especially the rear ac unit. Also need details on removal/replacement of the rEAR AC .Does anyone have an old manual on this camper?
marianlucy @ yahoo.com. Leave out spaces in email address.
marianlucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 1989 Dodge Fiesta XRT Class B for Sale-19 ft-$4900 OBO

AC items should work when the van is plugged into grid power. There is no generator and the ad makes no mention of how the inverter was wired in so assume that you have to plug AC items into it and turn it on to power those items.

Owner manuals from older RV often only had very general information. They're hard to find now.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:03 AM   #3

Default Re: 1989 Dodge Fiesta XRT Class B for Sale-19 ft-$4900 OBO

What do you mean by grid power? I have a 1989 Dodge Fiesta XRT and I am trying to figure out what the compartments outside are used for. Inside the back door the red AC cord is there, I don't know how to connect it to outside ac. Is there a secret way to pass it to the outside? The 110 socket outside is blocked with foam.. I don't know if I have an inverter. Also can the toilet be relocated to the shower stall? It is on a step outside the shower. I need access to the rear area from inside beacuse if the generator is hooked up on the rear platform I can not open the door. The toilet is in the way and dogs need the steps and the rear area. I plan to build a platform for them.
AC working pretty good. Drainage holes outside were blocked. Marian
Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Re: 1989 Dodge Fiesta XRT help needed

Note: I moved these posts from the Trading Post forum: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?f=16&t=1325

Think of grid power as the electricity you get when you plug into an electric outlet.

Can you post some photos?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #5

ok will try. there is what appears to be a heavy duty ac cord near tow thing. Also there is a marine deep cycle battery in one compartment hooked up for something. I had it tested and it needs replacement. Not sure exactly what is it supposed to run. Incidentally mine has a slightly different configuration, with convertible bench seat in front behind the driver's seat,
Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Is it like this Fiesta in the back?

If so, I think it would require a lot of work to relocate the toilet. The waste tank would be directly underneath.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiesta.jpg (45.8 KB, 1006 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #7

Yes basically so Toilet at top of second stair.Mine is just slightly different-the blue version. Slightly bigger fridge. I dont know how the dogs will get to the back. I want to put in a platform for them. Dont know how they will get past toilet. Even using it for storage under the platform will be difficult with a generator. With the generator mounted there is no access to open the back door. Would like to sleep with bed opened all the way, but then there is no real place for them to sleep. Was hoping I couildd find someone to set up another battery to run lights and ac. cheaply.
I guess some type of ramp. It seems so wasteful to have the toilet in the middle.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #8

Idea! Can the part of the bed that flips ove3r to widen the bed be easily and temporarily removed? the bed would be single width and i would still have the walkway. with the cushion as a back support it is a bit too narrow to sleep on comfortably!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #9
Platinum Member

I would think so but it's hard to say without actually seeing how it is made. If needed you could make or have some build a single bunk in its place.

You could remove the toilet and cap the hole in the step and instead use a porti-potti that can be moved around to give access to the doors. I think your single bed/bunk idea is better though.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #10

ok thnx. The back support/comes forward and then is flipped over then the legs are available.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #11

think it is called a jackknife sofa or bed.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #12

Went on a four day trip. Engine runs well. Electrical for camper part a big problem. Not solved yet. Will have to get an RV person in to help!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Do you know how to check the voltage on battery that supplies power to the coach?

If not, this video explains how to check the voltage:

[youtube:3pjaunbd]XgC3CETFCv8[/youtube:3pjaunbd]

12.7 volts is a fully charged battery. If you charge your battery and then the voltage quickly drops (within hours) below 12 volts when not even being used then the battery needs to be replaced. An automotive shop can test the battery for you.