Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #1

Default 1993 Roadtrek 190 Versatile

Hello, made the jump and purchased a 1993 Roadtrek 190 Versatile. Anyone have a PDF copy of the manuals? Tried searching online and appears Roadtrek website now offline. Also, any tips for a newbie regarding the LP tank, fridge, plumping, etc?
Few additional questions...
Was going to fill the water tank by passenger seat to check for leaks and try water pump. Should the water pump work once water in tank or anything else to do?
Where is the house battery located? Not the starter battery but figure it must have a battery to run some basic electrical?

Unfortunately the person I bought it from didnt know how to use anything.

Thank you.
yyzclassb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have a pdf of the brochure for 93. If you want it sent to ya shoot me a PM with an email addy and I'll give it a go.

As far as appliances, check the individual appliance maker for available manuals to download.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Wasn't there a thread on this forum regarding old manuals? You might want to do a search and see what comes up. Anyways, SteveJ's comment about the appliance mfgs is a good one. I was able to find manuals and troubleshooting for all the appliances on my 97 Pleasureway that way.

LP tank: Do a visual and look for rust etc. Have a shop do a leakdown test where they put a gauge on it for a few hours and watch to see if the pressure drops (indicating a leak.....somewhere). I can't remember what the recommended life is for the regulator on the tank. 10yrs? There's a rubber diaphragm in there I believe and it deteriorates over time. Cheap part.

FRIDGE: Assume it's absorption? If it's a Dometic LP/Electric have them run an LP pressure check at the unit when they do the leakdown test. It has to fall within a range for the fridge to work properly on LP. Put a thermometer in the fridge and plug it in with the setting on max. See what temp you get after 24hrs.

LP/CO detectors: They have a life also. If they've never been replaced it would probably be worth it. Fairly easy DIY job.

Test all other appliances....stove, water heater, cabin heater/furnace. The furnace didn't work on mine when I got it. It was a faulty circuit board.

Ok: the order on this is wrong. I'd (1) look for rusty LP tank. (2) Get some propane in it and soap all the visual connections looking for leaks. If you find any leaking in hoses/connections, turn off LP valve and take it to RV shop. If okay (3) check appliances including fridge on LP. If all ok, I'd still go for a leakdown test (or get a manometer and learn how to do one). But in that sequence if you do find the fridge or stove or heater not working properly you can have shop address those at the same time.

All of the above: IMO.

glenn
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Wink Manual

In lieu of an oem manual, just get one of these generic repair manuals that explain everything you want to know for older RV's

"RV Repair & Maintenance Manual" edited by Bob Livingston

I attaced a pic, hope it comes across the abyss of the www
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190908_090754.jpg (205.3 KB, 7 views)
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
Platinum Member

https://www.manualslib.com/products/...t-3252141.html
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #6
Bronze Member

My 1993 Versitille is still very nice and we just used it this last weekend. Ours is on a Dodge B350 chassis and I just replaced the AC compressor and component and the muffler and tailpipe. Ours has 108K miles on its 5.2L Magnum. I did have to replace the pump head on our water pump. The house battery is under a panel under the rear seat on the drivers side. Just put a new one in ours. I hope yours is as reliable and you get to enjoy it for a long time. I did purchase a spare ECM for ours since I can't find a source for one other than on line.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
vwmaniaman is offline   Reply With Quote