Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 1996 Video - Pleasure-Way

[youtube:18wx5r9h]MyfQY5TAQLU[/youtube:18wx5r9h]

Quote:
This vintage award winning promotional production of the Pleasure-Way Van motor home is from 1996. Anthony Towstego wrote, produced and directed many on behalf of Pleasure-Way Industries since 1988.Exquisitely well built and crafted. Filmed in Prince Albert National Park, beautiful scenics.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 1996 Video - Pleasure-Way

Hey thanks for posting this! My '96 has the exact same bathroom and roof air. The kitchen is same side.... I'm thinking Bigfoot used some of PWs ideas. However, the PW bath has a window, mine doesn't. The upper front windows, mine doesn't, but I do have storage up there over the cab. Also storage pods in the running boards, mine doesn't have. And it looked like more horizontal storage under the rear bed-- I have only the passage between the dinette benches. But- I have both a bathroom and a closet.
It's really interesting to see how RV floorplans differ. Like I have never figured out why anyone would want a front bedroom and rear bath in a travel trailer.
shezonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Nice video. Pleasure-Ways are top notch. I think they have the best fit and finish and best bathrooms of all the Bs. However, we traded our 2005 Plateau in for two basic reasons that they seemingly have not addressed well in the newer Sprinter chassis. One, they still have no good upfront zone solution for living in being able to swivel both passenger and driver seat around to a set up table. We wanted that. Two, their under electric sofa storage got reduced drastically to he point we could not store what we stored in the 2005 in the newer 2011. My criteria was to eliminate the need for a hitch cargo carrier and still carry two inflatable kayaks out of the way. If they had solved or improved those two things I might have bought a new Pleasure-Way instead of the Great West Van Legend. The Legend did address and answer all my checklist desires for improvement after 5 years of B travel.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezonit
However, the PW bath has a window, mine doesn't.
Hmmm, that's gotta be a mixed blessing, methinks. Davydd did yours???

Quote:
It's really interesting to see how RV floorplans differ. Like I have never figured out why anyone would want a front bedroom and rear bath in a travel trailer.
So when you brake hard, as you pass the PW with the light in the bathroom window, the toilet doesn't slosh up all over your bed?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Platinum Member

The Pleasure-Way Plateau has a nice tinted window with a shade and a small openable roof vent that also let light in. The GWV Legend has no window but it does have a nearly full ceiling fixed skylight.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
Platinum Member

"So when you brake hard, as you pass the PW with the light in the bathroom window, the toilet doesn't slosh up all over your bed?"

ah, MIke, a twisted sense of humor there.

My Bigfoot does have a powered vent/skylight arrangement,about 6 in diameter. Having a window, well.... I don't really spend that much time in there.
And the front seats do swivel, but I am usually too lazy to do all that and just sit on the bed. It had a 3rd seat when i got it- I took it out to have more open floor space. I have a spring-fit closet rod across the van just behind the cab, with a thermal curtain on it- Instead of putting the windshield curtain up, and having to heat/ cool that space, too, I just pull that curtain, and voila- instant privacy.
What I found amusing in the video was the people casually passing each other in the aisle. They must have found the smallest humans around to make it look so easy. Ha. I can barely pass myself in the aisle.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
"So when you brake hard, as you pass the PW with the light in the bathroom window, the toilet doesn't slosh up all over your bed?"
Quote:
ah, MIke, a twisted sense of humor there.
Who, me?

Quote:
My Bigfoot does have a powered vent/skylight arrangement,about 6 in diameter. Having a window, well.... I don't really spend that much time in there.
I was more worried about Davydd's bathroom window. Yikes!!!!!
Quote:
And the front seats do swivel, but I am usually too lazy to do all that and just sit on the bed. It had a 3rd seat when i got it- I took it out to have more open floor space. I have a spring-fit closet rod across the van just behind the cab, with a thermal curtain on it- Instead of putting the windshield curtain up, and having to heat/ cool that space, too, I just pull that curtain, and voila- instant privacy.
How funny, we do that too, the spring loaded curtain rod and one of those shiny silver dash sun shades, or sometimes just a bath towel if it needs drying.
Quote:
What I found amusing in the video was the people casually passing each other in the aisle. They must have found the smallest humans around to make it look so easy. Ha. I can barely pass myself in the aisle.
That's for sure. There's no way there's enough room for two average sized people to do that. We have to make appointments to use the aisle in ours.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Aisle width was one of the selling points for us buying our Great West Van Legend. Our 2005 Pleasure-Way Plateau Sprinter had an ample minimum 25" between cabinets and tighter at the sofa ottomans. Still it was tight but not as bad as the Roadtrek Adventurous RS at 23" between cabinets and 19" at the ottomans or the Airstream Interstate's sideways scooting 19" between cabinets. The Legend has 28" minimum clear and no pinch down with no ottomans with the electric sofa. You can pass by like the video shows. That aspect was noticed immediately by us. With two people it is more important than one can imagine yet such a subtle simple thing to overlook or discount.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

"Appointments to use the aisle"
Now that's funny all right...

Well I had to measure... the "aisle" between my kitchen and bath is 20"..... Luckily it's only 39" front to back, or it would be really claustrophobic...
By removing my third seat (which would fold flat to make a single berth - notice I did NOT say "bed") I gave myself an open floor space of 40" x 40" behind the cab seats. The few times I have put up the windshield curtain and turned the passenger seat around.... it does expand the visual space.

One of the most often used things in my van is the shiny thermal windshield shade. I wish they made them for the cab side windows. I'll probably rig some up with velcro patches.

Yes the spring rod behind the cab is handy for drying towels. I also set up some coathooks along the passenger side wall above the side doors- I have my awning opener rod there, and I can hang clothes on hangers from it if I need to dry things. I leave the little vent in the bath open almost all the time, so the van can breathe.

When I got this 1996 van, I was amazed there were no coat hooks. ?? I found some nice white ones, both singles and triples, and put them on back of bath wall, above the bed( for pjs) on closet exterior behind the drivers seat ( for daytime jackets,etc) and in the over-cab open cabinet where the tv used to be.( keys- lots of keys)
Made formerly useless space useful. And that's what vans are about, right? Making all that small space useable?