Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 01:28 AM   #1

Default 1997 pleasure way

hi guys Im new at this just bought 1997 pleasure way wide body I look under the seat and cant fine the jack missing or is it elsewhere ??
elvis67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:38 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Just to clarify. Is yours a 97 PW on a 96 Dodge chassis? Mine is. And by wide body, is your width 7' vs 6'5? I believe mine is 7'.

Ok........if we're in sync. My jack is located in the rear of the RV in that compartment whose lid flips up on the floor. It's carpeted so it might be hard
to see.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #3

Thank you very much !!
After reading your post i open my back door and Bang !!! It jump in my face wow there à storage there... found the jack and more. Thanks again.
Mine is 82 inch at the rear bumper.
My registration says 97 is there another indication to valid the year ?
elvis67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:12 AM   #4
Platinum Member

No. Chassis is usually the previous year to its release. Makes sense since the company has to have time to build on the chassis. I only wanted a clarification to make sure your model was similar to mine so I could direct you to the jack location. We got our PW from my father-in-law 3 years ago. Have enjoyed it since. Wish the same to you.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis67 View Post
hi guys Im new at this just bought 1997 pleasure way wide body I look under the seat and cant fine the jack missing or is it elsewhere ??
IMHO, the OEM jack is not suitable for lifting the Dodge chassis when upfitted to be an RV, especially when loaded to the maximum GVWR. Recommend that you purchase a bottle jack, the stabilizing base, the "U"/stirrup for the rear axle and the flat plate for the front lifting point. I found best price for bottle jack at Home Depot. Bottle jack accessories from Safe jack. Make sure the accessories fit the cylinder on your bottle jack and the the bottle jack in it's lowest position fits under the lift points on your PW. I have 2001 PW Lexor on Dodge Ram Van 3500 chassis.
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the info on the Jack I will get on that. While we are on the 1997 PW Anyone know where I can buy new rubber mats. Thanks.
a6miller@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Default Floor mats for 1997 Pleasureway

I purchased Kraco K2520A in gray from O'Reily. These mats are also available in black. I don't think O'Reilly still sells, however the gray mats are listed on Amazon as Kraco K2520GRY for $17 each. The mats are also available on Amazon in tan. I believethese mats are available elsewher in black. One of the gray mats is listed on ebay as Kraco K2520Afor $40 with free shipping. The mat fits very will on the driver's side. Best to install when the mats are warm s they ar more pliable. You can tuck the extra length under the driver seat or just cut it off. On the passenger side, the mat will need some trimming to clear the doghouse. I have had these mats for 4 years. They work very well. Let me know if you need photos.
I previously ordered some custom mats from CARiD for my PW. The mats didn't even come close to fitting. i returned them for full credit.
Let me know if you need seat covers. I found some excellent fitting seat covers on Amazon that are a close match to my blue/gray interior.
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote