Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #1

Default 1998 Coach House 192KS...

Hi All,

My name is Sam. Around 6 months ago, I was approached by a privately owned Network and asked to create a new type of show...

Since I've always wanted to travel the country by RV, here's my chance. I've traveled the world for work, but very very rarely did I have enough time in my "assignments" to enjoy my surroundings... Until now.

Writers block... I thought is wanted a Winnie or maybe a class A... Then I saw a van, in Santa Cruz last week that has haunted me every minute since. It had everything it's owner needed to live comfortably. I was truly impressed. The thought of designing and building seemed extremely rewarding, yet timely.

So, I've been researching a class B. After scouring Craigslist, I found a 1998 Coach House 192KS. It's very difficult to find user reviews on it. Any ideas?

So, I love the idea of traveling the year in a class B and I'd love to communicate with you about everything... Lol

What's it like? Space constrictions? Where do you normally park it? How are they to repair?

I'd love to chat about pretty much anything and everything that will help me prepare, both mentally and physically... Advice? I love advice. I've built a respectable career utilizing it.

Okay, lol, I have 6 weeks to roll it if my driveway, off to my first location. I want to enjoy every moment between episodes and share, educate, gloat lol...

Anyway, I can do this all day. Lol. Thanks for reading this....

Chat soon.
ProducerSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #2
Platinum Member

For the most part, its just a van so repairs are pretty easy. Vehicles of that vintage have lots of parts availability and low cost.

Yes you compromise on some size, but how much junk do you really need? We fill our houses with stuff we almost never use. A van gets things that get used often.

Driving a B van is easy. If you've ever driven anything big like an old school Cadillac, Monaco or a Parisienne it's about the same length, just taller. Parking is pretty easy, in parking lots you might take up a foot or two of the space in front of you, but there's still room in that other space for a Honda.

Parking for the night is your choice. Wal-mart, truck stops, campgrounds or sometimes even just a side street is a place to sleep. Always be careful and park in respectable places and follow the law but you can sleep almost anywhere.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Go to youtube. There are a bunch of videos by a very eclectic, and cool full-time class b dweller. Watch several of these videos, and you will learn a LOT. His name is Justin, and he is called Justin - credible.. Just look up Justincredible. Report back, I'd love to hear about your impressions.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
Platinum Member

What are your needs?

- How many people/animals will live in this van?
- Will you need to go off the beaten path?
- Will you be staying in campgrounds or boondocking?
- What's your budget?
- Do you have lots of equipment to carry?
- Etc.

The answers to these questions will help us guide you in the right path.
Mat Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Coach house has a good rep and their full body fiberglass construction method is seemingly unique— and the best chance for great longevity in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technomadness is offline   Reply With Quote