Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #1

Default 1998 Ford Pleasure Way

Hello,

I just recently picked up a 1998 Pleasure Way Excel model on the Ford chassis, which doesn't seem to be very common in my google searches for guides, documentation, or manuals. The layout and placement of appliances in coach differs from the Dodge models when I do find manuals.

So, my question is, are there any good resources available I can reference to for my Ford model?

Specifically, the fresh water tank was removed by the previous owner, and I'm looking to replace it. I'm looking for help finding the correct dimensions to fit a new tank right back into place along with some sort of plumbing diagram of how it used to look.

On the exterior, I'm missing the door for the house battery access. I can't find anything online to replace it. Any suggestions?
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Tim (with a period)!

Fords are rare. For the chassis, try and locate a Ford Econoline forum.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I would agree, I don't see a lot of Ford PW's. I am curious how the Ford chassis stacks up against the more common Dodge 3500's like mine. I generally like mine but I would love to see more ponies under the hood for going up hills.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #4

Call pleasureway we have had great results dealing with them direct. I assume there still in business. Grumpy
whitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Hi: You can email PW at:

michaelp@pleasureway.com

Just give him the last 6 digits of your PW vin #. Ask him if they have the information you want. Remember each time you send an email, to have the vin# id. They always ask for it. Best of luck
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:43 PM   #6

Default 1998 ford pleasureway

Hello I realize this is an old post but I am in the process of buy a ford pleasureway and also can't fin any info online. Everything is dodge. I emailed head office and have not heard back. I did find out from their history that they did not start manufacturing ford chassis until 2002. Well....I am buying a 98 so whats up with this. If anyone knows anything about this it would be interesting to know.
Tissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissy View Post
Hello I realize this is an old post but I am in the process of buy a ford pleasureway and also can't fin any info online. Everything is dodge. I emailed head office and have not heard back. I did find out from their history that they did not start manufacturing ford chassis until 2002. Well....I am buying a 98 so whats up with this. If anyone knows anything about this it would be interesting to know.
When I emailed Pleasure-Way back then, they sent me the two attached manuals. They suggested to go through each and pick out the details that apply to the appliances and configuration of my coach. They mentioned that only 50 Ford chassis were made in 1998, making it a rare coach for that year.

My only suggestion - Make sure to do a thorough inspection under the one you're looking at for rust. The amount of rust that was throughout the steel additions from the factory made for months of work to repair on mine. Things like tank brackets and framing, the welded seams where they extended the body, and the areas around the battery compartment and generator compartment were very rough.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ford EXCEL 02-10 manual.pdf (1.62 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 1998-2003 Owners Manual.pdf (6.57 MB, 2 views)
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote