Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2003 Roadtrek 200 P on 2002 Chevy cutaway. No cruise control indicator?

Well. Just like it says. I have a 2003 Roadtrek 200 popular on a 2002 Chevy cutaway chassis. It's the bigger fiberglass bodied one.

It has cruise control, but there is no indication that it is on. There is no indicator light. Even the original owners manual (in the cruise control section, or instrument panel indicator light section) shows NOTHING.

I have a bad turn signal indicator, so when the bulbs come, I will check for a cruise light in the panel.

Turning the ignition switch to on, turns all indicators on. No cruise indicator.

Anyone else?

Thanks.
PJW73NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You should have a cruise control indicator light come on in your dash panel display. Is your cruise control working? If it is, then it's likely the indicator light. If it's not, then I'd check the fuse for the cruise control.

The 2003 owner's manual (first one I could find online) indicates on page 3-2 that there should be a light when cruise is engaged. My '06 Kodiak has a cruise indicator light.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ess_owners.pdf

Roger
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Hep, Tnx for the reply. Yes, I would agree that there SHOULD be a cruise indicator. I don't see one even when looking at the instrument cluster with a flashlight to see what is in the "blank" spots.

Yes, my cruise works fine. See attached for the pic from my 2002 owners manual.

I just can't believe that GM did not put an indicator in this vehicle.

Anyone else have this same 2002 Roadtrek Pop 200 on the same chassis. Do you have a cruise indicator?

Maybe I'll try posting in the RT forums.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inst Cluster.jpg (71.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJW73NH View Post
Hep, Tnx for the reply. Yes, I would agree that there SHOULD be a cruise indicator. I don't see one even when looking at the instrument cluster with a flashlight to see what is in the "blank" spots.

Yes, my cruise works fine. See attached for the pic from my 2002 owners manual.

I just can't believe that GM did not put an indicator in this vehicle.

Anyone else have this same 2002 Roadtrek Pop 200 on the same chassis. Do you have a cruise indicator?

Maybe I'll try posting in the RT forums.

Thanks.
Wow... well... I'm seldom speechless, but you've managed to cause that! Good luck in your quest!
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well. Just like it says. I have a 2003 Roadtrek 200 popular on a 2002 Chevy cutaway chassis. It's the bigger fiberglass bodied one.

It has cruise control, but there is no indication that it is on. There is no indicator light. Even the original owners manual (in the cruise control section, or instrument panel indicator light section) shows NOTHING.

I have a bad turn signal indicator, so when the bulbs come, I will check for a cruise light in the panel.

Turning the ignition switch to on, turns all indicators on. No cruise indicator.

Anyone else?

Thanks.
The 2002 manual says that cruise control is an option. I could not find anything about what should exist on the signal lever if there was not a cruise control option. I would guess that a van and chassis would not have the cruise control option as often as the van, but so what? Because I can't imagine any rv manufacturer not ordering cruise control for an rv.

Please let us know how this turns out. Thanks.

Bud

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:

It has cruise control, but there is no indication that it is on. There is no indicator light. Even the original owners manual (in the cruise control section, or instrument panel indicator light section) shows NOTHING. .................................................. ....

You probably already know the answer by now but finally I did remember to look at mine and there's no indicator light either. My guess would be that the 1997 - 2002 series won't have a cruise indicator light. Cruise works just fine and you just get used to it.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Thanks Marko. Yes, I did figure it out. Taking it a step further, I had an intermittent right turn signal indicator light in the instrument panel, so I pulled the panel out to replace the bulb. The removal process was easy. Getting the panel back in was not as easy. it has a "hard mounted" connector on the back of it, that has to line up perfectly with the connector on the "chassis". Not an easy line up. But I did finally get it.