Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #1

Default 2004 Dodge Sprinter PW

I am looking for a roof vent cover 10x10 for my bathroom vent. Anyone know where I can find one? I presently have a 14x14 on it ...bought it like that. It started leaking cause of the poor installation. Amazon only lists 14x14 as well as local RV centers.

Thank you for any ideas.
Rick
RickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
Gold Member

If a new 14x14 properly installed will solve the problem, I would use it. Don’t see need for 10x10.
mikeehlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #3

Default 2004 Dodge Sprinter RV roof vent

I appreciate your response. The issue with the Sprinter van is the roof is ribbed and when you use a 14x14, the vent cover spans the ribs unevenly causing the caulking or sealant difficult to seal the gaps and causes leaks.
I thought if we had a 10x10 cover, it would only cover the vent and seal well...keeping the water out.

Thanks
Rick
RickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
Gold Member

Understand. Can you carve matching notches in the plastic cover to seal the ribs? Or use neoprene tape to raise the low spots.
mikeehlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #5

Default 14 x 14 Roof cent leaking

Rick, Have you looked at a tape called Eternabond? A 4" wide, white backed version is all you need to fix your problem of the leak. This stuff is amazing. Just don't let it touch anything or it will be there forever.... place it carefully in other words!

Cheers, Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
I appreciate your response. The issue with the Sprinter van is the roof is ribbed and when you use a 14x14, the vent cover spans the ribs unevenly causing the caulking or sealant difficult to seal the gaps and causes leaks.
I thought if we had a 10x10 cover, it would only cover the vent and seal well...keeping the water out.

Thanks
Rick
farvernugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:17 AM   #6

I was recently looking for the same 10x10 cover and was told that it is not made. I was also told that I could get a new vent cover - no need to replace the whole vent. Maybe that would solve your leaky vent issue.

Paul 2004 PW Plateau 94k miles.
Paul in Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I had to replace my bathroom vent because in a 2005 PW Plateau, it only comes in off white, my so painted the trim white so it would match the ceiling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This matched the original vent exactly, size, color and hole pattern.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote