Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #1

Default 2004 RT 190 Versatile

We have a 2004 Roadtrek 190 Vesatile, 25th Anniversary Edition. When we drain water from the sink or the shower it appears to leak out of the bottom of the van to the ground...not into the grey water tank. We're not able to get underneath to look at it because of the low ground effects and we have no jacks or ramps. We had a RV dealer service guy look at it today and they said they would have to remove cabinetry or go through the floor from the inside to find where it's leaking. We're thinking it's possibly leaking where the drain pipes enter the grey tank, because the tank stays empty. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Maggie515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2004 RT 190 Versatile

I don't have any direct experience with that problem.
I'd go to another dealer and show them the file I've attached showing the plumbing system in your unit.
http://www.classbforum.com/images/20...20plumbing.jpg

I highlighted the sink and shower plumbing in yellow and circled the shower p-trap in red.
I'd check the p-trap first. That can be done from underneath the van I'd expect.

If the van has been in freezing conditions and rv antifreeze was not poured into that p-trap then it can crack if the water in it freezes.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #3

Thanks for your answer. We have another appointment for someone to look at it. Will update if and when we find someone to repair it.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Hopefully that's all it is. I have read of some owners fixing it themselves so the p-trap is accessible from under the van.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #5

Default Re: 2004 RT 190 Versatile UPDATE

This is an update on what was found.
We had the repair done at Camping World in St. George, Utah. The drain pipe for the shower was cracked off at the "T" where it meets the pipe from the sink, thus nothing was going into the grey water tank. They said they had to drop the heat sheild and exhaust to get at it. They said this is a very vulnerable area because of vibration.They used high temp radiator hose instead of PVC for the repair. Labor: $744.00, parts: $22.00, tax: $47.88, TOTAL: $813.88.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Thanks for posting the update.
That's a lot of money but at least it is fixed now and can't crack there again.