Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #1

Default 2005 sprinter battery issue

I have a 2005 sprinter and the aux battery was replaced recently but the cables were connected backwards. I connected them correctly and, at first, there was no charging current getting to the aux battery. I found a couple of blown 30A fuses on the 120V-12V converter and now it charges from shore power fine but still no charging from the alternator. I have been looking for the battery isolator but can't find it. I found something under the driver's seat that could be it but can't be sure. Anyone know where it might be and what it looks like?
chiraldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #2

Default Re: 2005 sprinter battery issue

I found the relay and it does appear to be fried. It must have some internal fuse because, other than the fuses in the power converter, I can't find any other blown fuses.
I am still concerned that something else got fried but haven't found anything except the backup camera which won't turn on now. Everything else seems to be working ok.
chiraldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: 2005 sprinter battery issue

Is your van a "vanilla" Sprinter, or was it factory converted into a camper by someone? e.g. Roadtrek
The answers to questions about class b van campers are often make and model specific, so provide as much of that info as possible, if possible. Someone with your type of RV may have had a similar issue and may know the answer.
Welcome aboard, btw.
Not going to ask about the reversed battery connections.