Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #1

Default 2007 pleasure way turbo diesel moteur Mercedes 250

Are the diesel engines in these vehicles good? Are the Ford gas egines better or not. Milage isn't what concerns me it would be repairs on the diesel being expensive. I love the look og the vehicle with the diesel engine. Thx
ennaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

the mercedes is popular. I can only suggest that you look at each of the vehicle types.

Pleasure Way also used a Chevrolet on some models.

Chevy and Ford can be repaired by anyone anywhere- even CDN Tire.
Most chassis parts are very common and shared with other vans or trucks/SUV's.

The mercedes may be more difficult to get a repair and to source parts.

the MB is VERY nice to drive...I love my Chev. I can work on it.
For instance I can walk into any auto parts store in North America and with a 15mm wrench replace the fan belt in minutes.
and that gives me peace of mind knowing that I won;t be stuck anywhere

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #3
Bronze Member

We just bought a gas p-w 07 two months ago, and in our search became interested in a diesel version. Found out the diesel engine had a history of going into limp mode, which owners rectified by plugging in something to reset engine specs. more than we wanted to deal with. Just mentioning to add to your info.
pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member

You can search around for information regarding cost of ownership on most of these brands and engines. Mercedes definitely seems to be towards the top, if not the king of this category, and that is not even considering the fact that mercedes diesel sprinter mechanics are fewer and farther between. Ford, Chevy and Dodge are going to be cheaper to maintain, period.
In many cases though, that's not enough to sway a buyer. Sometimes the body/size/price and configuration just are not available without the sprinter. The three mentioned above are only available in traditional "van" styles, or class C's. The new Ram is a bit lighter weight than the others (no slides, less towing). Of course, you're always gonna find a few MB owners who swear by them, have driven 800000 miles without trouble, etc..
This says allot:
Attached Images
File Type: png USA commercial van sales chart April 2015.png (82.8 KB, 17 views)
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote