Old 07-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2010 RoadTreks

i've been reading about manufacturer problems starting with the economic downturn in 2008. I'm looking at a 2010 Roadtrek 210 popular. Are there any construction issues specific to that year/model i should be paying special attention to when considering this RT and when highlighting areas the inspector should pay close attention to ?

The unit is not local to me, so i had planned on using lemon squad, but their reviews are very mixed. Has anyone used any other national inspection agency. The RV is in the nashville area.

bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have not heard of any issues with the 210s.

One area to have a mechanic take a dedicated look at are the steering and suspension components.

It is a heavy unit and the weight takes it's toll on those items.

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
The unit is not local to me, so i had planned on using lemon squad, but their reviews are very mixed. Has anyone used any other national inspection agency. The RV is in the nashville area.
I've also come across NRVIA. I'm wondering if anyone has used them ?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
i've been reading about manufacturer problems starting with the economic downturn in 2008. I'm looking at a 2010 Roadtrek 210 popular. Are there any construction issues specific to that year/model i should be paying special attention to when considering this RT and when highlighting areas the inspector should pay close attention to ?

2010? Check the data plate for the chassis manufacturing date. Make sure it is not dated 2008. When the market turned south, some chassis languished in the backlot for a couple of years before they were upfitted.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
2010? Check the data plate for the chassis manufacturing date. Make sure it is not dated 2008. When the market turned south, some chassis languished in the backlot for a couple of years before they were upfitted.
wow... great idea... thanks...

Is the VIN reliable for checking the chassis manufacturing date ?
Old 07-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #6
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
wow... great idea... thanks...

Is the VIN reliable for checking the chassis manufacturing date ?
Yes... the VIN is good too.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Yes good idea to see what the chassis year is as there are quite a few of the 2009 chassis Roadtrek 2010 model.

IIRC, the 2010 chassis should have the 6 speed transmission, which is a big deal IMO over the 4 speed.

I know of at least two of the 2009 model Chevies that had torque converter clutch issues, so that might be an issue along with being a 4 speed.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Yes good idea to see what the chassis year is as there are quite a few of the 2009 chassis Roadtrek 2010 model.
IIRC, the 2010 chassis should have the 6 speed transmission, which is a big deal IMO over the 4 speed.
I know of at least two of the 2009 model Chevies that had torque converter clutch issues, so that might be an issue along with being a 4 speed.
looks like it's a 4 speed...

on one hand, that's not as good as the 6 speed, but all the older ones are also 4 speed, so i'd have to go newer/more$$ for a 6 speed...
Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
in looking at my choices now, (i might pass on them all for now)..
it's between a 2010 with about 30,000 miles that it priced @ 63,000 or best offer, or a 2007 with 41,000 miles priced @ just under 50k at a dealer.. both have 4 speeds...

I haven't done any detailed investigating, although i have seen the 2007, and the "leather" on the seats is wearing through in small spots...

i'll probably keep looking for now... i can wait until the end of summer, but i've led a spoiled life and hate WAITING!!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #10

Default My list of woes

I have a 2010 190V Roadtrek on a 2009 based Chevy chassis. Bought it used from one owner in 2013 - had 19K miles on it. I've had the following issues:

1) Rear Main Seal had to be replaced at 35K miles in 2015

2) Transmission rebuild at 55K miles in 2017

3) 2 ignition coils replaced at 68K miles 2018

It's been a journey...still love my RT, but sometimes I find myself watching the dashboard lights, wondering when that dreaded check engine light will come on. Luckily, I have a great mechanic, but he gets baffled about why items 1 & 2 happened at the mileage they did.

bladegrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote