Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2013 Roadtrek N6 Active on Ebay

On Ebay starting bid $40k( reserve not met ) claims up to 18 MPG. I get up to 19 MPG in my 97 Dodge with lots more room and livability.There is also a video.What would be the allure of this SUV+ ?
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2013 Roadtrek N6 Active on Ebay

Seating for up to 7 people.
Room to sleep up to 5 people.
7’ 10” exterior height.
Should be able to park it at home even with very restrictive Homeowner Association rules (check with HOA first )
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Platinum Member

As discussed on other threads, HOA rules are real tough on class b owners so I guess that is a good point. Much better than not having an rv at all but a lot of money to spend to find out it really is too small with not much benefit in the MPG department.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I saw it today in person.would get by the HOA nazis very well.Not anything I would consider but has an electric fridge ,cold water sink with hand pump and a fair bit of storage behind the back seat. The overhead bed in the poptop model has no padding at all. Very strange. I saw the Sportsmobile version and it is way more camp ready for about the same price.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Thats a great thing about living in the out in the country - no HOAs to deal with. The only restriction my town has is that if its a motor vehicle, its has to be registered and excise tax paid and they are pretty lax about that.
AmCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #6

I just bought one and LOVE IT!!! It is a great hybrid between a SUV, minivan, and RV and we use it a ton (family of 4). Great gas milage too - better than an escalade! Here's a forum for owners of the N6-active, so go check it out! It's a cool little community of n6ers - www.n6activeowners.webs.com
Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Glad you are enjoying your new rv. You should etart a thread and show some pictures in action. I did think the Sportsmobile version was pretty cool but had less seating.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #8

We spent a year looking into N6/Nav6 we now own one but it's back at dealer after 2 days. All 4 of the rear seat belts are not working and air bag light on. Rear bed will not lay flat. 20 items that need fixing. The 1st van we purchased was bounced out of customs because RT did not manifest some extra parts. So we decided to purchase a custom paint version that was on display at 40th anniversary event (not disclosed to us?) the rig got worn at that event. So far we are without our van for 2 weeks as dealer and RT play paperwork. What a bummer experience so far. A lot of conversion work was not clean. Roadtrek and class B lots have a lot of work ahead of then on sales,service, and marketing to reach soccer mom's. will report back after we get the van back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373762536.086569.jpg (22.4 KB, 2015 views)
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Seating for up to 7 people.
Room to sleep up to 5 people.
7’ 10” exterior height.
Should be able to park it at home even with very restrictive Homeowner Association rules (check with HOA first )
Now only seats 6?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Looks like you're right about seating for 6 and not 7. I just just looked and found two sources (an eBay ad and Fretz) showing seating for 7 but the two Roadtrek sites show seating for 6.

I'm disappointed that there are things to be fixed on your new purchase. Hang in there and get it sorted out.

I'm curious to know if you had a chance to inspect the vehicle before taking ownership of it. If so I know things can easily be missed when looking a vehicle for the first time but if not maybe there's a lesson here for all of us to inspect before signing the dotted line. You have the most leverage to get things fixed before money has changed hands and the unit is yours. I've traveled to buy 2 RV's and put myself in a vulnerable position - both times I ended up having some unexpected expenses later.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Congrats to all who have bought and are enjoying your new RT. I have read about the fridge, etc, but is there even a port-a-potty in this? As for the gas mileage, I don't do a lot worse with my '05 RT190, and have a lot more amenities. I have heard about this new entry, but this is the first time I read from folks who have one. Ron
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #12

We drove 2 hours to inspect the vehicle only to arrive and find out we could not see inside because mechanic had locked keys up? So after months of trying to land the rig. We said ok and waited a couple more weeks while they finished fixing electrical issue (clue) and for surf rack system. We finally accepted delivery after another 2 hour drive. Our RT educated sales person was not allowed to do orientation? We called out a number if issues. "Ah seats belts will wear in" ah just clean that ripped screen with Simple Green. After 24 hours with rig we drove it back to dealer. Yes we made fundamental mistakes.
A
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
Platinum Member

When there is limited availability of a particular model or brand of RV or time constraints lots of us would be willing to take a chance and buy unseen or with little or no walk-through trusting that all is well or later fixed quickly and without any hassle. It is a difficult position to be in. Roadtrek has been in business for a long time and they've held the #1 market share position for many years so I'd expect all this to be sorted out to your satisfaction soon.

It sounds like you researched this vehicle and know that is what you wanted so it just a matter of getting these things sorted out so you can enjoy it.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #14

35 days later we still don't have our reportedly new van. Waiting on authorization parts and just some common sense responsiveness from RoadTrek. It's been a horrific experience.

Peel back the layers and you find more. Wrong tires causing tire pull, side window is sealed shut but has handles to open? Recently arrived N6 on the lot has correct tires and side window opens? Its also in good clean shape with higher quality conversion work, not that 40th anniversary demo worn behind the velvet rope feel.

Conversion seat belts disfunction for bench and captains chair are the most concerning. This van is marketed as a family daily driver. No fix insight for seat-belts? I've inspected various versions of all the belts on 3 N6 vehicles over the last 30 days.

Air bag light got fixed it was a fuse that was missing. Lights and sliding door have been fixed.

We have placed a lot of calls to Canada. This is the most frustrating business deal I have ever been involved in at times down right comical if I can laugh. You would think they would jump to solve this problem? I'm perplexed. Service people at dealer have been great, the problem is Roadtrek and sales people.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #15

I have a silver 2013 Roadtrek N6 Active for sale in California for $48,000. It has 22,267 miles on it, and is in great condition. No dents, very clean, working wonderfully and STILL UNDER WARRANTY! Extras included... please check out my ad here : http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/4309314310.html
Thanks!
julieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

I don't know easy a, but I know about a half dozen other RT owners that bought their vans new since 2010, (Sprinters & Chevies). 4 of those turned into horror stories of dealing with the RT factory on coach items. One of them even had to take theirs back to the factory, spent 10 days up there, at RT's expense, having their complete conversion pulled out and basically started from scratch again. When they got home to Arizona, they started having problems again, so they traded it for a new Great West conversion. In fact all 4 of the ones that had major issues, now own other brands of class B's.
The others own 190P's that have had issues, but have kept theirs.....

Not a very good record

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote