Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2013 used E-trek for sale

in case somebody is interested

http://www.seegrins.com/class_b/CS6859_ ... ek_13.html
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:47 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2013 used E-trek for sale

Why not just buy a brand new one?

http://www.colonialroadtrek.com/road...0055/index.php
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

No kidding wincrasher, buy a new one. That used price is way, way too high

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

A brand new 2014 RS Etrek specs out at $130 msrp. Take 15%-18% off that for actual selling price on new order. Not sure what options are on this one (MB upgrade package?). Realistically, this is priced about 20% over market value, which is about what dealers will put as their initial asking price.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Silver Member

I just ordered a new Roadtrek E-trek CS Adventurous with the extended body with all options except fancy color and the portable spare bed and the list price delivered to dealers in the US is $150,700.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbill
I just ordered a new Roadtrek E-trek CS Adventurous with the extended body with all options except fancy color and the portable spare bed and the list price delivered to dealers in the US is $150,700.
That is a better way to go I think than just getting the E-Trek. You get a better cabinet package, and a larger refrigerator by going with the CS and "upgrading" it with the E-Trek package. There is one like that on the colonial site - use the link I posted above to get over there.

From the equipment list though, it looks like you don't get everything - the Alde heating system and the water heater are still propane, not diesel, and of course, it has a propane tank. But the cooktop is induction and the refer is 110v/12v. Correct?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
But the cooktop is induction and the refer is 110v/12v. Correct?
My CS came in last week: The reefer is 12/110. The default cooktop on the CS is the Dometic propane 2-burner, with the induction being an added option, about $170. Since we already have propane onboard, I in fact preferred the propane stove.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Platinum Member

What did you order for heat and water heater?
Old 07-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
What did you order for heat and water heater?
No choice. On the CS the Alde 3010 system is used, propane fired, sort of a hydronic heat system, selectable for heating, water heating, or both. On the full RS Etrek, they use the Webasto, diesel fired. We had a little discussion with the factory -- that's the way it is now.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
Platinum Member

We are jealous! The CS is really the only Sprinter layout we like, except the micro is a bit high for the 4' 11" DW.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
We are jealous! The CS is really the only Sprinter layout we like, except the micro is a bit high for the 4' 11" DW.
Get her a step stool, or a pair of 6" stilettos.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #12
Silver Member

On our CS Adventurous Ext Cab E-trek we special ordered and paid and extra $700 to get the Webasto. It was a tough choice as I like what the Alde is all about and can do: free heat and hot water from the running of the MB engine while traveling. But with the elimination of the propane tank we free up some underbody space where I will have a metal storage compt. made. And it frees up some interior space. One fuel and no problems with tunnels/bridges anywhere. No propane cooktop so we felt less expensive for us to not even spend the $165 for their built-int induction cooktop. We have one at home already and may buy a 2nd one. Easier to store in one of the many kitchen drawers/cabinets. And its portable so we can take it outside and use and extension cord and cook on a table.

Yes the refer os 12/115. In fact today was the scheduled start-to-build and next week the assembly line is on holiday for a week. We probably won't see it until late Sept/early Oct scone Webasto is on a 2-4 week delay on orders.
bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Bikerbill: After the rather curt discussion I had with them in April on the topic of Webasto vs Alde, I find it interesting that they went ahead with the Webasto on your CS!
Actually I'm very pleased now with the systems, including the Alde, and I actually prefer the propane stove. So all is good. And I'm sure you'll be happy with how yours comes configured, too.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbill
On our CS Adventurous Ext Cab E-trek we special ordered and paid and extra $700 to get the Webasto. It was a tough choice as I like what the Alde is all about and can do: free heat and hot water from the running of the MB engine while traveling. But with the elimination of the propane tank we free up some underbody space where I will have a metal storage compt. made. And it frees up some interior space. One fuel and no problems with tunnels/bridges anywhere. No propane cooktop so we felt less expensive for us to not even spend the $165 for their built-int induction cooktop. We have one at home already and may buy a 2nd one. Easier to store in one of the many kitchen drawers/cabinets. And its portable so we can take it outside and use and extension cord and cook on a table.

Yes the refer os 12/115. In fact today was the scheduled start-to-build and next week the assembly line is on holiday for a week. We probably won't see it until late Sept/early Oct scone Webasto is on a 2-4 week delay on orders.

Bikerbill-i actually have a question about tunnels/bridges and propane. since i am trying to decide on propane or not. prior to the non propane van you have now-have you actually had a problem with tunnell/bridges.

everytime i google this issue the same tunnels come up- no to baltimore tunnel,no to NYC tunnels,no to Boston tunnells. otherwise everywhere else is just shut the propane off. this seems to be an issue in the notheast corridor and not rest of the country-just wondering
Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Gerry:
I've run in propane-bearing RV's for many years. The only place I ever saw where even a closed off tank was not permitted was the tunnel at Baltimore. (Can't speak for Manhattan, because only a fool would take a Class A there!)

I would not make the "propane vs. no-propane" decision on tunnel rules. 99% of RV's have propane, and get about fine!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham
Gerry:
I've run in propane-bearing RV's for many years. The only place I ever saw where even a closed off tank was not permitted was the tunnel at Baltimore. (Can't speak for Manhattan, because only a fool would take a Class A there!)

I would not make the "propane vs. no-propane" decision on tunnel rules. 99% of RV's have propane, and get about fine!
thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
Platinum Member

I've never come across a tunnel restriction but then again I have never traveled a lot in the northeast corridor. I have driven the one lane, one way 5 mile tunnel through a mountain to Whittier, Alaska. I've seen lots of tunnels with restriction signs mainly for commercial trucks but there was no visible enforcement. Ferries have restrictions but there is usually someone standing there making sure you turn off your propane and in many places they want to see you do it or have you show them you have turned it off. It's not a big deal. On our next B we won't have any propane so it will not be an issue at all to think about.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
I've never come across a tunnel restriction but then again I have never traveled a lot in the northeast corridor. I have driven the one lane, one way 5 mile tunnel through a mountain to Whittier, Alaska. I've seen lots of tunnels with restriction signs mainly for commercial trucks but there was no visible enforcement. Ferries have restrictions but there is usually someone standing there making sure you turn off your propane and in many places they want to see you do it or have you show them you have turned it off. It's not a big deal. On our next B we won't have any propane so it will not be an issue at all to think about.
i was not going to get propane- i am now re-thinking it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #19
Platinum Member

With our setup with solar, large battery bank and large inverter, the only thing propane would power would be a stove top. Our heat and hot water will come off diesel. Since we would rather cook outside as much as possible we can get by without the stove top as well. I've never had a lot of comfort with an open flame or doing any kind of oil frying inside a small B.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
With our setup with solar, large battery bank and large inverter, the only thing propane would power would be a stove top. Our heat and hot water will come off diesel. Since we would rather cook outside as much as possible we can get by without the stove top as well. I've never had a lot of comfort with an open flame or doing any kind of oil frying inside a small B.

i am looking at a gas engine. propane would be for the suburban heater-i am going to cook with induction cooktop. i just wanted a 'safe' heating option for the van. there are other ways to heat it somewhat when not plugged in but none of those options are making the wife happy-of course she is the one that does not rally want propane either.