Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 21
Default 2015 Roadtrek SS Agile Questions

Hello,


We have three questions to pose to the forum users and Roadtrek owners. Our model / year is the 2015 SS Agile :


1) How do you clean the window screens? Are they removable somehow? We would like to clean them but it is not readily apparent how to remove them without risking damage.
2) Has anyone successfully made the windows operational behind the sink / cooktop? There are two windows with screens installed, but the operators are not accessible due to the trim-work that is screwed in place. In addition there are no handles on the window operators, rather there are the threaded rods only. Are handles easily sourced?
3) MICE. We have had some issues with mice getting into the camper and have tried several things to deal with this. Do any of you have experience in how you have solved this issue?


Thanks,


Steve and Bonnie
__________________

sdunn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
ponti33602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunn4 View Post
Hello,


We have three questions to pose to the forum users and Roadtrek owners. Our model / year is the 2015 SS Agile :


1) How do you clean the window screens? Are they removable somehow? We would like to clean them but it is not readily apparent how to remove them without risking damage.
2) Has anyone successfully made the windows operational behind the sink / cooktop? There are two windows with screens installed, but the operators are not accessible due to the trim-work that is screwed in place. In addition there are no handles on the window operators, rather there are the threaded rods only. Are handles easily sourced?
3) MICE. We have had some issues with mice getting into the camper and have tried several things to deal with this. Do any of you have experience in how you have solved this issue?


Thanks,


Steve and Bonnie
It isn't super easy but have had the screens out to clean the windows. Not a lot of clearance but can be done. They come into the van.

I have read "not to bother with the window behind the sink".
__________________

__________________
Regards,
Bob

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:02 AM   #3
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Default

On my 2011 Agile the screen is removable, it's secured by friction fit metal retainers around the screen frame, you just simply pull it off from the window.

On newer models, those windows were permanently shut/ screwed in place. I can open mine but it is hard to do, not much wiggle room for an adult hand.

Can't help you with mice problem, sorry.
RT.SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 21
Default

Thanks; we removed the screens and cleaned them- getting them back in was the tricky part!

As far as mice and chipmunks go- has anyone had luck with the ultrasonic deterrent devices?

Steve
sdunn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunn4 View Post
Thanks; we removed the screens and cleaned them- getting them back in was the tricky part!

As far as mice and chipmunks go- has anyone had luck with the ultrasonic deterrent devices?

Steve
I put them in my Sprinter van and never had any evidence of mice in the same area that I once parked an Airstream Trailer and trapped 17 mice one winter. Also, I installed two in my garage and thereafter never had mice and squirrel nesting evidence. I'm satisfied they work.

I don't inhabit my garage enough to worry about what the embassy employees in Cuba and China supposedly experienced. I don't use them in the van when underway.
__________________
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I put them in my Sprinter van and never had any evidence of mice in the same area that I once parked an Airstream Trailer and trapped 17 mice one winter. Also, I installed two in my garage and thereafter never had mice and squirrel nesting evidence. I'm satisfied they work.

I don't inhabit my garage enough to worry about what the embassy employees in Cuba and China supposedly experienced. I don't use them in the van when underway.
Davydd, do you have the brand info on the ultrasonic devices you used?
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:06 AM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,581
Default

I don't have a brand name. They are egg shaped and plug into an electrical outlet. You can get them at about any hardware store.
__________________

__________________
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×