Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Default Re: 2016 Winnebago Travato specs are out...

I think it is pretty cool that Winnebago is doing so much development on the Travato. The 2014 model is revolutionary, the 2015 59G makes things like the bed and the bench seat more usable, and the 2016 brings in a completely new furnace and water heating system, as well as solar.

If they are doing custom colors, it would be nice to have a black Travato.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #42
Platinum Member

I think that FitRV and Winnebago have been watching how Roadtrek is using Wendlund and Campskunk to showcase their products, and wants to get in on that type of exposure. There will probably be more manufacturers supplying "special" units to bloggers and journalists, too. It is a good way to get the word out.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #43
Platinum Member

I will take a "special" unit! I guess I'll have to be a bloger or a jernilist to get one. Once I figure out how to spell I will contact the B builders and see if they would help me out. I think booster has this one right!
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #44
Platinum Member

I am certain you need to establish that you have a "following" before you are going to get this kind of arrangement with a manufacturer.

They've said they are buying this RV with their own money. What they don't say if they are getting any discount for the special treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if they were considering the exposure they'll be giving Winnebago. I think it's great. These manufacturers need to do something to start appealing to the younger demographics.

They haven't said anything about the custom features they are getting. I hope one is painting those fenders. Or maybe they are getting the rhino lining like in the show van. I like the yellow, but not the black bits. Full yellow may be too much though.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
I am certain you need to establish that you have a "following" before you are going to get this kind of arrangement with a manufacturer.

They've said they are buying this RV with their own money. What they don't say if they are getting any discount for the special treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if they were considering the exposure they'll be giving Winnebago. I think it's great. These manufacturers need to do something to start appealing to the younger demographics.

They haven't said anything about the custom features they are getting. I hope one is painting those fenders. Or maybe they are getting the rhino lining like in the show van. I like the yellow, but not the black bits. Full yellow may be too much though.
Exactly. I would expect Wendlund and Campskunk "bought" their vans also. If they didn't, the credibility factor would drop huge. The only question would be how you define 'bought". Nothing wrong with any of this, as long as it is transparent.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:

I am the person that asked fitrv the question on their blog if they are buying/leasing it or is Winnebago going to give it to them.
I believe James was honest in his answer in that they are paying it with their hard earned cash.
I think they might get some of their custom items done free but I do not think they will get to much of a discount off the base price of it.

Jeff
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #47
Platinum Member

If you got to the Fit RV Facebook page they have posted a picture of what the color combinations they plan for their Travato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #48
van

Why can't Winnebago just sell the Escape 644 in the USA? They licensed their name to Avida in Australia who makes the Escape 644—a rig that has this awesome toy-hauler set-up in the back with a dinette and an overhead, mechanically-assisted queen bed. Plenty of room for bike, motorcycle, and kayak storage. I have no idea why they block the back in the Travato 59K. How many people don't need rear access? 5%? The 59G is a solid layout but the bathroom still blocks a lot of the entry space.

Avida Escape 644 vid:
Pics: http://australianmotorhomes.com.au/used ... 414-escape

If they could provide the fit-and-finish of the Hymer Sierra Nevada, especially the bathroom, include the 2015 Fiat Ducato front-end, and work-in some Outside Van styling elements these would be insanely popular in the kayaking, surfing, and snow-boarding world if they it sold here.
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #49
Platinum Member

Now that is a very cool rig . I would really enjoy a van like that if the rear beds could be made wider and still fold up. As a musician, I could haul equipment below the bed and still be able to sleep in the drop-down bed when on my own ,but wife would want a single bed so she doesn't have to crawl out of bed .
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #50
Platinum Member

I noticed the video is from 2011. I wonder if this is still being made.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Hot off the press. 59k video
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 AM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by van
If anyone is interested, the Fit RV crew is apparently working with Winnebago on a custom Travato. They've made a move on a yellow Promaster that they spotted onsite at the Winnebago HQ. They'll be getting a modified 59G.

http://www.thefitrv.com/blog/weve-chosen-our-next-rv/

Holy Moly! I guess they didn't drink the kool-aid at Advanced Fest.
I talked to James and Stef about that. The Kool-aid was too expensive for their needs. I don't know if I would read much more into it than that.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:06 AM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by van
Why can't Winnebago just sell the Escape 644 in the USA? They licensed their name to Avida in Australia who makes the Escape 644—a rig that has this awesome toy-hauler set-up in the back with a dinette and an overhead, mechanically-assisted queen bed. Plenty of room for bike, motorcycle, and kayak storage. I have no idea why they block the back in the Travato 59K. How many people don't need rear access? 5%? The 59G is a solid layout but the bathroom still blocks a lot of the entry space.

Avida Escape 644 vid:

If they could provide the fit-and-finish of the Hymer Sierra Nevada, especially the bathroom, include the 2015 Fiat Ducato front-end, and work-in some Outside Van styling elements these would be insanely popular in the kayaking, surfing, and snow-boarding world if they it sold here.
Bit of a correction, AVIDA and Winnebago are two very different companies and have finished an acrimonious fight over The Winnebago name in Australia. On Appeal AVIDA got the right to use the Winnebago name as long as it used a disclaimer saying it had nothing to do with the U.S. company
As far as the Escape is concerned, yes it would make a great addition to someone's US Lineup
This Campervan was released by Australian Winnebago ( AVIDA)several years ago, the Travato just came our recently with a very similar use I.e notice both have Kayaks and Bikes being loaded
Robert Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by van
If anyone is interested, the Fit RV crew is apparently working with Winnebago on a custom Travato. They've made a move on a yellow Promaster that they spotted onsite at the Winnebago HQ. They'll be getting a modified 59G.

I talked to James and Stef about that. The Kool-aid was too expensive for their needs. I don't know if I would read much more into it than that.
A typical Advanced RV I have seen is twice the cost of a Travato. Is it twice the value? Absolutely not.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by van

duh. It's always about the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 AM   #56
Platinum Member

Hey Wincrasher(ken) i have a question about your Travato.

today during my fiasco attempt examining my Zion(i hope) i came across a 12 volt plug in the rear passenger side rear corner that i think is the promaster vans 12 volt cargo compartment outlet. I'm assuming this is tied into the promaster engine battery and not to the house batteries. do you have it and what do you know about it.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:45 AM   #57
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51

today during my fiasco attempt examining my Zion(i hope) i came across a 12 volt plug in the rear passenger side rear corner that i think is the promaster vans 12 volt cargo compartment outlet. I'm assuming this is tied into the promaster engine battery and not to the house batteries. do you have it and what do you know about it.
I have a Promaster and the 12V outlet is a factory option. Mine of course is tied to the start battery.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:05 AM   #58
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostalli
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51

I have a Promaster and the 12V outlet is a factory option. Mine of course is tied to the start battery.

could you tell me where its installed. the one i'm looking at was in the rear door piller about 2 feet up from floor on passenger side
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:29 AM   #59
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by van

Avida Escape 644 vid:

They have since updated the a Interiors on their other Vans., Escape and Diversion, have not been updated.This is interior from their Birdsville Class C, Ducato based. This is a general,theme they have for their Vans, I wonder what US Manufacturer is going to come out with similar?
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...psbntqpqhe.jpg
Robert Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:55 AM   #60
Platinum Member

I wouldn't see that type of interior on a "C" in the US on a ProMaster chassis. That would almost certainly wind up on a Sprinter chassis, just because the PM doesn't have the weight rating to handle that, especially with slide-outs. A Transit chassis might be another choice as well.

There is also the fact that there is a European company which actually tears out the frame rails on the cutaway vans, and replaces them with extended ones made out of aluminum, further saving weight, and adding capacity. I'm not sure what the company is named, but they are in common use for European (mainly UK) class "C"s.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote