Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPotomac View Post
Is there a list, anywhere, of the changes made between 2016 and 2017 for the Era 70A? We got a good price quote (I think.... 89K) on brand new '16 70A with most options, but we need to know what is missing that is in the '17. Thanks.
Good price for late 16' IF it has the multiplex wirig and new interior. Too high a price if early 16' with older interior (no multiplex).
black88mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:14 PM   #22
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black88mx6 View Post
Good price for late 16' IF it has the multiplex wirig and new interior. Too high a price if early 16' with older interior (no multiplex).
Thanks. Any photo of what the multiplex wiring should look like? And what does the new interior look like? We're going down to see the unit in about 6 days. There are 8 photos of this unit online. But I can't seem to copy and paste any of the photos for some reason.
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:19 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Default 2017 Winnebago Era

Congrats.....what a delayed Xmas gift - to each other. Ron
Old 12-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #24
Gold Member

Aha! Went online to see other 2016's, and I found some with multiplex wiring, Truma combi, etc. The one we were looking at was an earlier model. Looks like the price wasn't so good after all. This forum is invaluable!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 05:10 AM   #25
Silver Member

How are you liking your new Era 70A? Love that layout, except bath is really tight, so it seems. Smaller than the 70X.
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #26

Based on my recent search for ERA 70C, you found a great price for a new 2016. We ultimately purchased a 2017 over Thanksgiving. It is gorgeous. We drove from St Cloud in the snow to San Antonio TX, and loved it! Also, we called Winnebago Industries directly to discuss features. Give them a call to answer your questions. You'll find them friendly and helpful. See you on the road.
Sam & Derba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #27
Platinum Member

There were nice changes to Era for 2017 - new cabinetry, Truma system, multiplex wiring, new interior lighting, and a touch screen systems control panel. They also raised prices around $10k.

The started out making these changes in 2016 mid-year on the X. The A got them for 2017. Some of them are also in the C, but the cabinetry is the same as last year.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #28
Silver Member

I'm waiting to see the new replacement for the Era 70C ( slideout ). They are dropping the 70C, and calling it a 70M ( still with a slide out). Same floor plan, except now instead of sleeping on the couch that was a tumble/fold out, they are making it a Murphy Bed.
I would think and hope, it will be way more comfortable and a nice modification to this model?
Old 12-19-2016, 02:12 AM   #29
Platinum Member

We've talked numerous times on this forum about the shortcomings of the Era C floorplan. You can do a little search and read all about it. You either love it or hate it I guess. I can only imagine that the murphy bed layout will make the interior seem even more cramped, as the box and mechanism will take valuable wall space.

Personally, I might have ordered an Era A if the bathroom was useable for a stand-up shower. I was hoping they would have rejiggered the design alittle since they were upgrading all the cabinets and bulkheads.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:32 AM   #30
Silver Member

There are chsnges on all ERA's. The big one, not even on most 17 models on the lots are a new huge infotainment center in dash, 9" touchcscreen, with a three mode camers. Horizon view, nornal, snd hitch view. This is a great addition. New carefree armless patio awning. Truma now in new 70M, replacing the hydronic system in the 70C. The new murphy bed is memory foam, eith a frioli undercarriage, and its power up and down. Larger volume fresh water tanks on all models too.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #31
Gold Member

Wincrasher: we just spent two hours at your local dealer (which will soon be our local dealer, as of late 2017, after we move). Saw two Eras, the Travatos, and the Paseos. Josh was extremely courteous and competent, and coped with our newbie questions, though he admitted I had done enough homework to know more than him about a couple of the questions that interested us.

The Eras weren't current (one 2016.0, one 2017.0, no 2017.5's coming in). We decided that we just don't need/want 24 feet. My wife nixed the Travatos, one (59G) because she says the bed is just too small and the other (59K) because we could never take our grandkids as passengers. That left the Paseo, which might work, especially if they come up with a less onerous/more spacious bed in a new floorplan. It's not just that the Paseo bed seems only tiny bit bigger than the 59G's, it's also that it's not terribly user-friendly.

Right now it does look like either the Paseo or a PW (Ascent or Lexor) is in our future. No PW dealers in SC, alas. If anyone has information on the reputations of the GA or NC PW dealers please do chime in.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:54 AM   #32
Platinum Member

I'm surprised Josh didn't offer to order you a Lexor - they've been a PW dealer for years.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:00 AM   #33
Platinum Member

only because you mention the bed just now.

our 2006 Lexor bed is 72" wide

pass side 72" long, driver's side 75" long

no way could we make it on a 48 or 56" wide bed...maybe for a night or 2 but not a multi week trip

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #34
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I'm surprised Josh didn't offer to order you a Lexor - they've been a PW dealer for years.
Josh told me they gave up (lost?) their Pleasure-Way franchise. Not sure why, of course.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #35
Platinum Member

That's too bad. I actually met one of the VP's from PW at Ledford's the summer before last. I guess they just couldn't move them as they are considerably more expensive than Winnebago and probably a hard sell.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:33 AM   #36
Silver Member

We have a 2017 Winnebago ERA 170A 4x4.

any questions, let me know.
Eric Swenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodean View Post
There are chsnges on all ERA's. The big one, not even on most 17 models on the lots are a new huge infotainment center in dash, 9" touchcscreen, with a three mode camers. Horizon view, nornal, snd hitch view. This is a great addition. New carefree armless patio awning. Truma now in new 70M, replacing the hydronic system in the 70C. The new murphy bed is memory foam, eith a frioli undercarriage, and its power up and down. Larger volume fresh water tanks on all models too.
We are researching for our first purchase and leaning toward the 70M. Anyone pulled the trigger on this? Hands-on impressions would be great. Thanks.
dweissnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPotomac View Post
...That left the Paseo, which might work, especially if they come up with a less onerous/more spacious bed in a new floorplan. It's not just that the Paseo bed seems only tiny bit bigger than the 59G's, it's also that it's not terribly user-friendly.

Right now it does look like either the Paseo or a PW (Ascent or Lexor) is in our future. ...
If you like the Paseo, you might consider the Coachmen Crossfit - same 22 ft chassis (Ford Transit HD350). Paseo comes with the 3.2L twin turbo engine, Crossfit normally comes with the 3.7l non-turbo, but they are starting to offer the turbo version as well.

The main difference is the bed. The Crossfit 22D has two very narrow twin beds that make into a longitudinal (north-south) sleeper that is a bit wider than a queen, while the Paseo is a cross-sleeper only, meaning you can't be too tall and you will have to climb over your partner to get in and out.

Crossfit workmanship is better than Paseo (IMHO), but Paseo has better dealer network and documentation.

The Ascent is a Mercedes diesel that is 2.5' shorter than the Paseo or Crossfit so if length is an issue, there's that. PW workmanship is excellent.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #39

Congrats!!! Here's a link to the 70A tour.... we just bought this model and decor but not from this dealer. Picking it up this week....yeaaaaah!
https://www.guaranty.com/vehicle/201...era-70a-t38059

We had a 2000 Rialta so we knew what we wanted but we really splurged on the new one!
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote