Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #21

Default ..or Argentina

20% of Argentinian Sprinter production goes to South Carolina

>>In Argentina with Sprinter and Vito we will be finishing the year with around 6000 patented units of which between 1,500 and 1,600 will be Vito.

>>We also have the production of the Sprinter for the USA, which is also a very large number, representing 20% ​​of the production and which we will continue to have until next year when the new plant opens in Charleston, which will be at the end of 2018.

https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=

VIN checker

https://checkvinorder.com/en/car-info/WD3PF1CD5HP394965
Yodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

The free trade zone is for the Sprinter cut-away chassis.
Not the information I have received from multiple folks up in Forest City...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
That's cosmetic but no details. It looks good. If one recalls in 2014 Mercedes Benz did another cosmetic upgrade to the front end to bring it more in line with their cars. The Transit looks like a sucking fish and the Promaster is just plain ugly.

Probably LED lights are a given in just about all vehicles now.

I'm more interest in size configurations especially if they make it a little wider or straighter sides, but neither will be aesthetically pleasing in my estimation. Sprinters need about 2" more width. These are the two factors making Sprinter RV design more difficult. They already are the biggest vans with the most payload to work with. The other thing is introducing new engines. I'd consider a gas turbo.

I'm modeling in SketchUp 3D an all new design based on 144" wheel base. So far it looks very promising and there is nothing like it on the market. You really catch all the problems in 3D. I'd opt for the single Super wheel over duallies to solve some design problems. Two different size tires don't bother me with all the interior advantages. They don't show that in the build options on the American build site.

Still an unknown but I wonder if the new inline 6 or 4 cylinders with 48 volt electrical system will be available. Could there be RV opportunities that come from this 48 volt system?

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...48-volt-system
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote