Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2019 Travatos Now Shipping on 2019 ProMaster Chassis

While perusing through the Class B ads on RV Trader yesterday, I noticed that Winnebago seems to be the first to ship their 2019 Travato models on the updated 2019 ProMaster chassis. The easiest way to identify a 2019 is the bold new "RAM" emblem on the front grill. Additionally, on the units without painted bumpers, the bumpers are now black instead of flat grey.

I'm wondering if the updated suspension and higher payload could eliminate the need for a Sumo Springs upgrade. As for the new "RAM" badge up front, if I purchased a motorhome on the 2019 chassis, I would be de-badging it ASAP.

Anyone have any further information or comments on this?

GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
Bronze Member

I had noticed that same thing at Lichtsinn RV in Iowa. They had the newer model year Promaster with higher payload.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #3

Did you notice if Ram changed anything under the hood to prevent water draining onto the engine?
RobynQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynQ View Post
Did you notice if Ram changed anything under the hood to prevent water draining onto the engine?
If they did, they didn't make any announcement that I can find.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

The '19 chassis Travatos have been shipping for several weeks now. No under hood changes. That won't be till 2022 if even then.
The suspension changes are very minimal in a bigger rear sway bar and an extra leaf on the 3500s, also a heavier duty trailer hitch if ordered that way.
There's no "need" for the Sumos front or rear. It's strictly a personal preference install.
Incidentally I'm liking that new grille....have seen several in person

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaGeek View Post
While perusing through the Class B ads on RV Trader yesterday, I noticed that Winnebago seems to be the first to ship their 2019 Travato models on the updated 2019 ProMaster chassis. The easiest way to identify a 2019 is the bold new "RAM" emblem on the front grill. Additionally, on the units without painted bumpers, the bumpers are now black instead of flat grey.

I'm wondering if the updated suspension and higher payload could eliminate the need for a Sumo Springs upgrade. As for the new "RAM" badge up front, if I purchased a motorhome on the 2019 chassis, I would be de-badging it ASAP.

Anyone have any further information or comments on this?

I checked the ProMaster on the Dodge Website and there was no indication that that was offered
TRFranta is offline   Reply With Quote