Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
A lot of strong opinions against cassette style toilets but they are gaining grounds in NA. We are lucky to have both systems available; cassettes are the only choice outside of NA.
I agree and didn't intend to side-track this thread. Choice is what it's all about.

Too bad the price of class "b's" is in the stratosphere, because it's never been a better time for innovation and selection.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #22
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I agree and didn't intend to side-track this thread. Choice is what it's all about.

Too bad the price of class "b's" is in the stratosphere, because it's never been a better time for innovation and selection.

But the base chassis vehicles can be had for very reasonable cost, and all the components are easily available online, plus YouTube instructions— it’s a great time to DIY if you think the major commercial offerings are too pricey. I’m pretty happy with my diy promaster (although my wife has a slightly different opinion lol)
Van_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:27 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van_Dreams View Post
But the base chassis vehicles can be had for very reasonable cost, and all the components are easily available online, plus YouTube instructions— it’s a great time to DIY if you think the major commercial offerings are too pricey. I’m pretty happy with my diy promaster (although my wife has a slightly different opinion lol)
I spend enough time working on my Airstream Avenue as it is. Fixing, adding, modifying to the point where it is where I want it (at least until the next thing breaks). But I work on it in fits and starts. No way am I fast enough, or dedicated enough, to build one from scratch. And then, who would I blame for the way it turned out.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #24
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
cassettes are the only choice outside of NA.
and incinerators,https://www.cinderellaeco.com/no-en/
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #25
Silver Member

I’ve been thinking about an incinerating toilet but didn’t think any were yet available for purchase. $4k....actually kind of tempting. I wonder what the shipping fees are.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 PM   #26
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
I’ve been thinking about an incinerating toilet but didn’t think any were yet available for purchase. $4k....actually kind of tempting. I wonder what the shipping fees are.
Why? What is your application for an incinerating toilet?

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #27
Silver Member

My van! Currently have an airhead composting.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #28
Gold Member

Quote:
I found this interesting and did some research on it last night. You may want to check into the TinyJohn from EcoJohn, which looks to be based in Little Rock. Same concept as Cinderella and roughly the same size & power AFAICT. And a bit cheaper directly off their website. https://shop.ecojohn.com/products/ti...erating-toilet

Another brand that has been around a long time is Incinolet, but it looks a good bit bigger to me, and AC power only.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #29
Silver Member

Thx!! I will look into those options. Too bad I already paid $$$ for the airhead but I’m inclined to start saving up for one of these. The advantages are amazing.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:39 PM   #30
Silver Member

Has anyone seen the more recently introduced Sequence 20K floorpan? The 20L is the first released Thor model almost identical to the Travato 59K, while the new Sequence 20K has a layout similar to the Hymer Carado Axion, only on the larger ProMaster 3500 chassis.

This one looks very interesting. It also features an open floorplan, but with a larger raised refrigerator, more interior storage, spacious sofa bed (converts to a queen bed), and a larger campsite-facing kitchen with more counter space than the L.

The other notable factor in favor of the later model is that the sofa bed is in the front half of the coach, so the two vent windows placed behind the driver and passenger cab seats, coupled with the fantastic fan, should be more than sufficient for proper ventilation of the sleeping area. The window van platform sure looks beautiful inside and out on both floorplans, but the 20K should give you much better sleeping ventilation. The window van configuration provides some important tradeoffs. I personally prefer the window van.

A few suggestions for Thor on the Sequence: Lose the awning with legs in favor of a legless model with auto wind sensing; Replace the plastic toilet with a china bowl throne; Provide more detailed information on the coach insulation and lithium electric upgrade. Otherwise a very good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanFL View Post
Worse than the Travato (1) Major Major drawback - based on the Promaster window body - windows do not open! One small window on the sliding door and one small window behind the galley. That to me is a dealbreaker- how do you get fresh air at night unless you run AC? If the incorporated so much user feedback I don't know how no one ever brought this up.
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:52 PM   #31
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaGeek View Post
Has anyone seen the more recently introduced Sequence 20K floorpan?
The other notable factor in favor of the later model is that the sofa bed is in the front half of the coach, so the two vent windows placed behind the driver and passenger cab seats, coupled with the fantastic fan, should be more than sufficient for proper ventilation of the sleeping area. The window van platform sure looks beautiful inside and out on both floorplans, but the 20K should give you much better sleeping ventilation.
Looks like you are sleeping north south, so you have to climb over your partner to get out. Otherwise, I like it.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #32
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
Looks like you are sleeping north south, so you have to climb over your partner to get out. Otherwise, I like it.
Here's a pretty good preliminary demo:
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:34 AM   #33

I compared 2020 models: Sequence 20L v. Travato 59K and found them nearly identical. I chose Sequence.
1. I believe it cost less ($75k but admit I didn't "bottom-line" a Travato).
2. I preferred the lighter color cabin decor.
3. I preferred the sliding side-door screen door vs. a mag/zip door.
4. I preferred the ladder (it hides... less "RV" look and its usable elsewhere).
5. I preferred the control panel with easy buttons for lighting.

Can't bash either... both very nice. Hope this info helps others.
fx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx24 View Post
I compared 2020 models: Sequence 20L v. Travato 59K and found them nearly identical. I chose Sequence.
1. I believe it cost less ($75k but admit I didn't "bottom-line" a Travato).
2. I preferred the lighter color cabin decor.
3. I preferred the sliding side-door screen door vs. a mag/zip door.
4. I preferred the ladder (it hides... less "RV" look and its usable elsewhere).
5. I preferred the control panel with easy buttons for lighting.

Can't bash either... both very nice. Hope this info helps others.

Same choices at Las Mesa here, but we went with the 2019k Travato. Our reasoning? We traded in our Thor Compass class C, and would NEVER own a Thor product again.
JKConey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey View Post
Same choices at Las Mesa here, but we went with the 2019k Travato. Our reasoning? We traded in our Thor Compass class C, and would NEVER own a Thor product again.
Just a comment on the sliding screen door - the concept seems as though it should be good, but from what I have read, in practice, they are more prone to problems - jamming etc.

Not a lot to go wrong with the magnetic screen ones - although I suppose more expensive to repair if the screen were to become damaged.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote