Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 3 year warranty from KS2 for Ecotrek batteries

KS2 has announced that they will be providing a 3 year warranty on the Ecotrek batteries, Roadtrek dealers can contact them to get warranty support. KS2 is the company that manufactures the Ecotrek batteries and is going to continue to manufacture the battery modules and provide spare parts. Some of the independent service providers, e.g., Tony Pineda in CA, also are getting parts and warranty support from KS2.

EDIT: Clarification from KS2. 3 year warranty will be on new Ecotreks they sell and will not cover existing Ecotreks already installed in vans...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Gold Member

Do you have link to KS2? When you Google KS2 all you get is RoadTrek. Please post the link... thanks
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Do you have link to KS2? When you Google KS2 all you get is RoadTrek. Please post the link... thanks
I don’t have a link. One of the members on the Roadtrek and Hymer Owners Group contacted KS2 and got the info directly from them...

Join that group and you can see the emails...
Old 02-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Platinum Member

KS2 website...

https://ks2corp.com
Old 02-23-2019, 12:27 AM   #5
Gold Member

KS2 in Montreal Quebec, it's one guy (?) ... website has no 'about' section, no press releases, I found this on Manta with same address as the URL provided ... Ks2 Corp Inc is a privately held company in Montreal, QC and is a "Single Location business.Categorized under Direct Sales, Telemarketing. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 92224 and employs a staff of approximately 1" https://www.manta.com/ic/mt61sb9/ca/ks2-corp-inc there are a

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS (same address as on ks2
4035 rue Saint-Ambroise, Unit 213, Montreal, QC H4C2E1, C
+1-514-418-7101 (same as website https://ks2corp.com)
Linkedin Athony Scappaticci https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-...ticci-7735a85/

This guy makes all the lithiums for RT?
Old 02-23-2019, 03:09 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
KS2 in Montreal Quebec, it's one guy (?) ... website has no 'about' section, no press releases, I found this on Manta with same address as the URL provided ... Ks2 Corp Inc is a privately held company in Montreal, QC and is a "Single Location business.Categorized under Direct Sales, Telemarketing. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 92224 and employs a staff of approximately 1" https://www.manta.com/ic/mt61sb9/ca/ks2-corp-inc there are a

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS (same address as on ks2
4035 rue Saint-Ambroise, Unit 213, Montreal, QC H4C2E1, C
+1-514-418-7101 (same as website https://ks2corp.com)
Linkedin Athony Scappaticci https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-...ticci-7735a85/

This guy makes all the lithiums for RT?
If I had to guess, I would guess that he uses a contract electronics manufacturing company to do the actual build of the Ecotreks. Could also use contract electronic design engineers or do that part himself. He may be a one person company...

In any case, there has been a clarification that KS2 will only be providing a 3 year warranty on new Ecotreks they sell, not on existing Ecotreks already installed in vans. They will provide the parts needed to repair Ecotreks. I wouldn’t be surprised if they will also provide the parts needed to upgrade existing Ecotreks to the newer version.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Platinum Member

not to be cynical-is this business on any stronger financial ground then ehna was?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
not to be cynical-is this business on any stronger financial ground then ehna was?
As near as I can tell it is a very small (maybe one person who contracts out a lot of the actual work) company that does a little bit of everything based on their website. At this point, I think the Ecotrek production consists of sourcing parts from China, getting the boxes made somewhere, getting other parts fabricated, and assembling the module. Not really much to it and probably not something that requires a lot of debt for the company. Obviously the total number of Ecotreks being produced will reduce if RT goes under but there should be a higher profit margin on the ones produced going forward since they will be direct sales to dealers or service centers with them keeping the Erwin Hymer mark up if they keep the price as high as it was. I would think it would be relatively lucrative business for as long as there are Ecotreks out there to be serviced.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Anyone heard the replacement cost of the EcoTrek battery from KS2 Corp?
PaulB-2006 T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #10

I was told 2000$ ouch!
Tbacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:05 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbacke View Post
I was told 2000$ ouch!
$2000 for a 200 AH battery is not outrageous...
Old 01-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #12

It isn’t if you get the life cycle that’s expected but not if they last less than an AGM!!
Tbacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Have not heard of any major issues with the latest version of the KS2 batteries...