Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default A "B" with a RV-style door, not a sliding door

Again, I don't have the YouTube link, but about six months ago, a European motorhome magazine did a review on a high end "B". What it had that was different was the fact that the maker replaces the sliding door with a RV style door. The advantage of this is that it allowed more room on the inside, as well as is much quieter to operate.

Would this be something that would be worth having with a "B" here in the US? I like the idea, but it does mean some fairly complicated custom fabrication work with fiberglass to make it last for the long haul.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:40 AM   #2
Lou
Platinum Member

Default Re: A "B" with a RV-style door, not a sliding door

I'm wondering what do you mean an RV style door? Our 2008 Pleasure-Way Excel has a door where the slider would be on some vans. It isn't exactly like the door in our old Class C but more like a car door.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
Platinum Member

My American Cruiser has a rear RV door and no side door. I love the center aisle!
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It always seemed to make a lot of sense to me to replace the sliding door with a hinged door on a B. It would be quieter in a campsite and much easier to deal with.
wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Platinum Member

A RV style door is one that opens like other motorhomes. As for the American Cruiser, that brings up another point... why doesn't a RV maker do similar, and order the chassis, toss the starboard sliding door, put a fiberglass wall there so it looks the same, toss the rear doors, and put a hinged door? That would give some interesting floorplans.

Since other European innovations are coming here, I can't see why the OEM that does the hinged doors couldn't sell those on this side of the pond as well.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote