Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnnytlsn@yahoo.com View Post
Ì installed a mach 10, 13,500 btu in my 1994 B PLEASUREWAY VAN. COMPAIRED TO THE ORIGINAL AC UNIT, IT IS A LITTLE QUIETER. NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE between high and low noise level that I can tell. It is kind of overkill for a class b, but I like that I can cool down the van from 100 degrees to 75 in about 45minutes or less. I originally ordered the cub ac which is 9200 btu ultra low profile. Seller said the shipper lost it and offered the mach 10 low profile 13,500 btu at no additional cost. I'm quite pleased with the performance of the ac and have not had any humidity issues in 3 yrs. since the istall.
Hi, is yours the "NDQ" version of Coleman Mach 10?
meyerconsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:38 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Toyman -
I have not read all of the replies. I have a 2018 Promaster chassis/2018 Travato 59K. While my wife and I would like a quieter AC, we do not find it too objectionable. Even with the minimal insulation in our Travato, it is pretty amazing how fast this rooftop unit will cool down the interior.

All of the noise we hear is the blower. If I turn the control to Low Speed fan (sort of lower speed anyway), the db level between high fan and low fan or the AC w/fan in hi or low changes almost imperceptibly on a db meter.

We can talk without raising our voice much. More if we are at the far ends of course but not terrible. The only issue we have is on the occasion we might watch a video or local TV reception, we need to supplement the TV with the JENSEN Entertainment system's wattage and speakers. I imagine even if an AC system's blower was considerably quieter, the miniscule amplifier power and speaker size built in the TV would still be inadequate. The JENSEN system is pretty amazing although daunting for some to tie it to the TV.

Externally, the noise from the AC unit is very reasonable. Of course zero would be inside and out would be outstanding. Air movement noise to cool down a 100 degree interior temp RV (example) will I think take more than the relatively passive level of air flow the excellent TRUMA Combi furnace moves through the nearly floor level, small diameter ducts could do. ?

James from FITRV indicated a few days ago that he is about to swap out the current roof unit with his 4th change on Lance, the Travato 59G he and his wife Stef presently own. I can imagine it will be a 12 volt only model.

I look forward to reading what James does this time. I think he might report on that this coming Monday, 3 June 2019 on the fitrv.com web site. He might also post on FB but I don't go there.

Gene
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #63
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH in Atlanta View Post
I have the 20,000 BTU 12 volt ProAir A/C on my new Coachmen Galleria.

Inside it is an order of magnitude quieter than the 13,500 BTU Dometic I had in my previous camper.

Outside it howls and whines, almost like it has dry bearings or bushings, at a significantly louder level than either the Dometic or my Honda 2000 generator. I haven't used it yet in any RV camp grounds; but I think there will be objections to it during any enforced quiet times. It's that loud outside.

PS - My neighbor who lives two houses away mentioned how loud it was the other day.
Dutch, it seems like that kind of thing would have been known here by now, don't anything about facebook. I assume that you have verified that is normal, expected.

Really like that B and air inside.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:12 PM   #64
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Why is it that almost every time I post here, someone has to challenge it as not true or proven?!?? It never happens on the Galleria FB Group.

Yes, Bud, it's been verified by other ProAir owners; and ProAir does not respond to any emails where it's mentioned.

If you doubt what I post, don't read them.
I told the truth, I did think that is was the case, assumed it.

Bud
Old 05-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #65
Site Team

Quote:
Why is it that almost every time I post here, someone has to challenge it as not true or proven?!?? It never happens on the Galleria FB Group.
One of the reasons some of us like it here is that this community's evidentiary standards tend to be somewhat higher than those of some other parts of the Internet.

We should all try not to take offense at expressions of healthy skepticism, so long as they are not ad hominem.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #66
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
One of the reasons some of us like it here is that this community's evidentiary standards tend to be somewhat higher than those of some other parts of the Internet.

We should all try not to take offense at expressions of healthy skepticism, so long as they are not ad hominem.
Thanks avanti, and spot on, but

Dutch had a point, I heard it. I could, should have worded my post differently. At the time, my guess which is a belief was disappointment. I had sat stood under a proair, listened at different fan speed which are variable by 1% as I recall. Heard it on an agm and onan. Then I recalled I heard it outside. Not really, the onan was running.

But the mistake was not saying, Thanks for posting, since it was just learned hear, I think.

Thanks again Dutch, avanti.

Bud