Old 09-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWonder View Post
So I just replaced the regulator on my 2004 Roadtrek 190P. And it was one giant PITA! Good thing I had my son helping - it definitely required his help. The one big snag we ran into was that it's not just the copper gas line that has to be disconnected, we also had the wire for the sensor in the way. And I could not see how to disconnect it. So all in all it took us a couple of hours to get it done all the time trying real hard not to stretch that sensor wiring.
thanks for the info, do you have a model number on that Marshall Excelsior regulator?

csewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
Gold Member

I have read that you can replace a regulator in a 2004 Roadtrek C190P by dropping the trailer hitch. Not sure if this saves you much trouble though.

Adjusting the regulator is difficult. If you know what kind of tool you need you can insert it and adjust by hand. An inspection camera is a big help as you can look into it and see what kind of tool you need to adjust.

Low gas pressure defintely causes refrigerator problems. Donít ask me how I know

CaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Default Feel your pain

Just went through a bunch of issues with an old Dometic 2310. You don't mention make/model. On mine Dometic was very specific with regard to the
gas pressure.

"The LP gas pressure to the refrigerator should be 11 inches water column with
half of all BTU's of the RV turned on. With all other appliances turned off, the pressure to the refrigerator should not exceed 12 inches water column."

The first sentence of that suggests that the pressure should not dip below 11" when you are using other LP appliances....in my case, stove, water heater, furnace. I'm guessing they say "half" since there won't be many times when all 3 of those other appliances are in use, drawing LP, at the same time.

Somewhere, your model fridge should have similar specs stated.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #14

Im just looking for the model number of the Marshall Excelsior regulator for the 2004 RT 190p. if anybody happens to know. thank you
Old 09-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csewall View Post
thanks for the info, do you have a model number on that Marshall Excelsior regulator?
MEGR-298 is the one I got from Amazon.
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #16

thank you. an RV repair guy was trying to sell me a single stage generic. not sure if that would work or not, but i would prefer to get the one you got since we know it works. and we know how difficult this is to replace.

Tags
lp pressure, refrigerator, regulator