Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 21
Default Advise - Bought a New Coach!

We bought a new Pleasure Way Lexor, which after much consideration we feel is the best fit for us. To get the specific options we wanted we bought out of state.

We are NEW to RVing. We are driving 1200 miles with a one-way car rental so that we can take whatever we need/want for the Coach trip home (or where ever we roam).

Would someone mind telling us what the Coach necessities will be for the trip home?

Thank you!

Connie
__________________

B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona, Tempe
Posts: 567
Default

Mainly bedding and tools. Don't forget a volt-ohm meter, tire pressure gauge to 80psi, and a refrigerator temperature monitor would be nice along with a fresh water hose.

Most coaches don't come with an adequate jack if you intend to be able to change your own tire. You can probably get away without that for awhile.

Like the salesman said to the new owner as he left the lot. "Are you a mechanic?" No. "You will be."

Many recommend staying your first night near the dealer so you can solve problems the next day.

Unlike cars most RVs don't leave the lot with everything working properly. Expect it. Who knows how good your dealer is.
__________________

hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
BBQ
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East
Posts: 2,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Play View Post
We bought a new Pleasure Way Lexor, which after much consideration we feel is the best fit for us. To get the specific options we wanted we bought out of state.

We are NEW to RVing. We are driving 1200 miles with a one-way car rental so that we can take whatever we need/want for the Coach trip home (or where ever we roam).

Would someone mind telling us what the Coach necessities will be for the trip home?

Thank you!

Connie

Don't bother carrying too much on your way out.
You will be stopping a lot at Walmarts, Targets, etc.,
(For food, drink, and supplies.)


Check out these Apps; they will come in handy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Apps.jpg (105.4 KB, 86 views)
__________________
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona, Tempe
Posts: 567
Default

Assuming it has a propane fridge you should have a bubble level, phone or iPad app to do the same. Remember the bottom of the freezer is what needs to be level. Not the floor, not the counter.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
Phoebe3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: California
Posts: 674
Default

Congratulations!

Here out west there are a lot of places without internet or cell coverage. Be sure you have all of your instructions for the various systems either downloaded or hard copy before you take off from the dealer.

Don't be afraid to make the salesperson demonstrate each and every system and then watch while you do it. Many will act like "I just showed you," but the number of things you have to know are going to make it hard to get a handle on everything at once. Video if you can. Be sure you understand everything before you leave. And I agree you should stay nearby for your first night so you can go back with any questions.

Carry bottled water and don't drink from the fresh water tank until you've had a chance to make sure it's completely de-winterized and sanitized.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Crossfit/Beyond
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 21
Default

Thanks you everyone for the tips and suggestions. I am wondering if we need to get a surge protector for the coach and water filter before we leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post

Mainly bedding and tools. Don't forget a volt-ohm meter, tire pressure gauge to 80psi, and a refrigerator temperature monitor would be nice along with a fresh water hose.

Most coaches don't come with an adequate jack if you intend to be able to change your own tire. You can probably get away without that for awhile.

Like the salesman said to the new owner as he left the lot. "Are you a mechanic?" No. "You will be."
Thanks for the tips!

We just upgraded our AAA to RV service, and will have no spare for now at least.

As for the mechanics, Lol, we've got that covered. Hubby is a chief marine engineer and I was a marine oiler. Hopefully we can keep her rolling!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

Check out these Apps; they will come in handy.
Wow, thank you for that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Assuming it has a propane fridge you should have a bubble level, phone or iPad app to do the same. Remember the bottom of the freezer is what needs to be level. Not the floor, not the counter.
Yes, three-way fridge. I do have an iphone, so we’ll hope that will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
Congratulations!

Here out west there are a lot of places without internet or cell coverage. Be sure you have all of your instructions for the various systems either downloaded or hard copy before you take off from the dealer.

Don't be afraid to make the salesperson demonstrate each and every system and then watch while you do it. Many will act like "I just showed you," but the number of things you have to know are going to make it hard to get a handle on everything at once. Video if you can. Be sure you understand everything before you leave. And I agree you should stay nearby for your first night so you can go back with any questions.

Carry bottled water and don't drink from the fresh water tank until you've had a chance to make sure it's completely de-winterized and sanitized.
Thanks so much for those tips, we will be videoing. Great tip on downloading manuals!
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:00 AM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 477
Default

Don't handover payment until everything has been shown to work. Take a test drive also to make sure it runs and handles properly, and all vehicle features work.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:11 AM   #8
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Don't handover payment until everything has been shown to work. Take a test drive also to make sure it runs and handles properly, and all vehicle features work.
Yes! Thank you. We've got a cashier's check tightly in hand and won't turn loose until we're happy.

So far we've been treated very well.
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #9
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,113
Default

I recommend a hard wired surge protector. This is the one I will have installed in my rig and have had it in previous rigs. Talk to your dealer about their installing it... or if you feel competent to do it yourself, you might order one and do it when you get there. You will want the one with the remote reader.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
__________________
Mumkin
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (almost a Zion)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #10
BBQ
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East
Posts: 2,484
Default

.

There are goods and bads about a one-way car rental.

Good -- you will familiarize yourself with the route and road conditions.

Bad -- you will be tired by the time you get there, and you still have to drive back.
__________________

__________________
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.