Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Default Alde Heater

Hi, Just purchased a 2015 Roadtrek CS with the Alde heater. Pick it up next Saturday and since this is our first Rv we have a big learning curve. Can you run the Alde heater to heat the cabin without heating the fresh water? It's winterized now and I don't want to change that till I'm more familiar with the systems. Thanks
mark112955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Interesting question: I can turn off the cabin heat, but I've yet to see a way to turn off the water heater.
On the other hand, the Alde heats the glycol, not the water directly.
Nevertheless, it can't be good to not have any water in the system -- or can it?
Old 11-09-2015, 12:07 AM   #3

It is my understanding that the Alde doesn't have a water heater like a conventional trailer/rv might have with an anode rod. The Alde system circulates water around a heater that is part of the boiler system to provide hot water. However, the Alde can be used to provide heat (i.e, winter camping) without water being present. So although the Alde system provides hot water to the faucets when water is present in the Roadtrek system, the water is not needed to heat the coach as the glycol/antifreeze in the Alde system is heated by either propane or and electric heating element.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote