Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #1

Default All Terrain Tire reviews

Hello. I’m looking for an all terrain tire for 03 ford Econ hitop van (225/75/16 load E). Any suggestions? I’m considering BFG Goodridge A/T at the moment as I’ve heard they are good on wet,dry, and off road - Any reviews with these tires on class b camper van?
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:50 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I'd search tirerack.com and discounttire.com for various brands, prices, and consumer reviews.

I previously had Firestone Transforce HT's (nearly new on my class b at my time of purchase). Loved the handling, ride, and tread life. But . . . sidewalls started cracking at the two year mark and began to get worse so I replaced them after 3 years of age. Firestone now offers a revised version, but the question is, will they last longer?

I recently bought Michelin Defenders in size 245/75/16E which are being replaced in the lineup (load range E's only) with a more all-terrain tread style with a different name. I've been happy with Defenders on my other vehicles, but too soon to judge them except to say they are as smooth and quiet as the Transforce. But nearly as soon as I posted my purchase on another forum, they began to report problems with Michelin LTX's and sidewall cracks. That is a different tire model from several years ago, so I'm hoping the sidewall cracking is no longer an issue.

However, neither tread design is in the all-terrain style you're looking for. That is where tire store on-line research will help. Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 AM   #3

Thank you for the info. The van I just purchased has Michelin LTX with excellent tread, but the side wall is cracking so need to replace
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote