Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: Am I on 'shrooms here?

Class C's? Oh noes... I'm quitting this forum!

I'll be back after work
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #22
Platinum Member

With the C I drove slower. I think I was limited to 60 mph when towing the car (owner manual recommendation) so just cruising along.

That unit had a little looseness in the steering that required constant tiny corrections. After a few long days crossing Canada those little adjustments became normalized to me. I unhitched the car to drive to a restaurant one night and for the first while I could not drive straight. It was like my body was programmed to drive with these little left / right constant corrections that translated into zigzagging in the car!

I tend to push harder in the B van so I can get as tired as when I drove the C but that's my fault.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
I tend to push harder in the B van so I can get as tired as when I drove the C but that's my fault.
Ditto on that! As the van has handled better over the years, or speed and distance have steadily, and probably unnecessarily, increased. When we first got the van, our average speeds were generally just over 55mph, and 600 miles was a lot. The last day of our fall trip last year covered 820 miles and averaged 67mph for the day, including stops. For some reason we always seem eager to get home once we get headed back, and hit it harder than we should, even if coming home from a trip we didn't want to end. We need to work on that issue, I think!
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:40 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I've had my new Advanced RV Class B 3 months now and have put 12,700 miles on it and have a month of travel to go before going home and doing some summer work starting June 1. I could not conceive doing what we have done and going where we have gone in a Class C or A.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #25

I traded in a Winnebago Aspect for a Winnebago ERA in September after I had a mishap on my 2nd trip with a post at a gas station. I love, love, love my "B". The maneuverability and driving experience is so much better that there is no comparison. I travel to horse shows with my 82# GSD and the ERA is a perfect fit for us. I would be nervous every time I thought about taking a trip in the "C" but with the "B", I tell people I'm like the Geico pig, weeeeee! The Aspect was on a Ford E-450 and drove like the motorhome that it is, the ERA drives like the really long van that it is. Space is at a premium, but I find that I like not having too much space to store too many unnecessary things. Oh, and it's a diesel and I am getting about 18 mpg while the "C" was gas and I probably got about 9 mpg. I took it to a horse show in Scottsdale from NE Texas in February. Fun trip. I can only imagine the nightmares that I would have had in the "C". I do miss the queen walk around bed.
TinStarArabians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #26

I might add that I might get better gas mileage if I slowed down. It will do 70mph without a tremble. Wind, big trucks passing make very little impressions on it. I have driven in poring rain and feel very safe.
TinStarArabians is offline   Reply With Quote