Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #1

Default Another unidentified Class B

Hello to all.

My first post....and also my first RV. I know I will be spending alot of time here . I have not yet bought this unit. The price is 1200. I know it's a Ford, and it's a 1984. I would like to post here for all you experts to help me figure out what it is. I have seen something that looks like it called Intervec, but I can't be sure since most of the ones I see are from the 90's. This one is obviously older so...any help would be appreicated.
I will post one pic here on the post, and just link to the other pics on my server.. I will most likly buy it this week or next depending on the seller schedule.
It runs great and has 100K on it. No smoking or rattles. Been sitting for about a year, but otherwise not too bad. What do you all think?

http://www.ccscomputers.org/rvforsale/

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010001.JPG (128.9 KB, 569 views)
RotoMotoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Another unidentified Class B

I thought it was a Intervec Falcon or a Horizon or maybe a Fiesta but I can't find anything exactly like it on the web.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #3

It has an RVIA Badge under the hood with a number, but I went to their website but could not find any sort of registry database to search.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

Can you trace the VIN number and see who the original buyer was? Maybe it had the name of the company the did the conversion.

This looks like it's in pretty good shape, but, do I see some slight water stains on the ceiling interior around the vent? You may want to take a closer look at that.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #5

I have traced the VIN, and ran a Carfax on it. It shows a company called Vehicle Concepts Inc. I searched for that term, and found alot of links, but only one that eluded to any sort of RV. Looks like there was a company called VCI and they made RV's, but went out of business around 1992-96 timeframe. Does anyone know about them?

I have bought it now, and cleaned it up a bit. It has some leaking in the front area near the vent that the above poster mentioned. I am looking at that. Most of the windows seems to not want to slide open but I am sure I can get it all going.

I am learning as I go, and I DO have a local RV dealer, so between those guys, and all the helpful people here, I will I will be camping in no time!

Thanks for all your helpful advice

Chris