Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Any updates on Hymer/Roadtrek/Carado future?

This was suggested as a topic for those of us who own or are thinking of owning one of their RV's. The most recent information is that they are doing an inventory and will not be shipping parts or approving new warranty work until it is finished. They have done some updates to their website, including a form for scheduling warranty work at the factory.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #2

thanks for creating this new thread. Hopefully, there will be positive news at some point.
Moonriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
This was suggested as a topic for those of us who own or are thinking of owning one of their RV's. The most recent information is that they are doing an inventory and will not be shipping parts or approving new warranty work until it is finished. They have done some updates to their website, including a form for scheduling warranty work at the factory.
So what to you suppose happened to those "liars" concerning warranty work?

Thanks.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
.......... They have done some updates to their website, including a form for scheduling warranty work at the factory..........
What are the other updates to their website?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Default Newswire Story

Here is a link to the newswire story

"The new service tab includes a clearer path for customers to the service phone number, the service hours of operations, and after-hours support phone number. There are also ways for customers to contact Roadtrek support through an online chat feature on the website, sending a message from the website, or search the dealer locator for a service center in their area."

I am not sure there is really much new information, but they are obviously promoting the changes they made.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:47 AM   #6

I’m a dealer for RoadTrek Vans. From a dealers point of view there is very little information currently. I can tell you that if the worst were to happen. Thor would likely pick them up regardless. Roadtrek is a great name to have.
I will answer what I can.
THHChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by THHChris View Post
I’m a dealer for RoadTrek Vans. From a dealers point of view there is very little information currently. I can tell you that if the worst were to happen. Thor would likely pick them up regardless. Roadtrek is a great name to have.
Have you heard whether they have resumed production?
Novadude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #8

No they have not.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THHChris View Post
Thank you very much. While a few folks here have had issues with Jim Hammil and do not feel he was a good manager, we're all rooting for Roadtrek to survive and thrive. As you state, Roadtrek is a great brand and most of us have owned or considered one at some point and would like to again.

In this period of uncertainty, your willingness to provide perspective is genuinely appreciated.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #10

I agree. thank you. I own a 2017 SS Agile and am very anxious to hear any updates on this.
Moonriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Production will not begin until the audit is complete. And last word that I read was that it would continue into this week.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #12

I know it’s much easier said then done. By try not to worry. You have a great product and no matter what happens you should have access to everything you need.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Default Wedlund No Longer Roadtrek "Ambassador"

This is old news really, but for people who have missed it Mike Wedlund has dropped his relationship as "ambassador" for Roadtrek and changed the name of his web site to RV Lifestyle. Here is what he said on his website:

Roadtrek "has begun a strict cost-cutting program that changed some of the terms of our old sponsorship agreement. While they asked us to sign a new agreement two weeks ago, we chose to take the ultimate step in completing our branding change by removing ourselves as Roadtrek's on-the-road ambassadors and returning the latest vehicle they provided.

I want to stress that this was all done in good faith, on good terms and that we remain good friends with the wonderful people at Roadtrek."
Old 02-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #14

Who can pay 800 employees doing inventory for more than a week and not doing any production?
Durp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durp View Post
Who can pay 800 employees doing inventory for more than a week and not doing any production?
Those who are responsible for this mess should have to face all 800 of the innocent employees.

I vote for the method below but several would be excluded due to age.

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Default Production vs Productive

"Who can pay 800 employees doing inventory for more than a week and not doing any production?"

My guess is that they have them doing things that they believe will be productive in the long run. Its really not that uncommon for production lines to shut down while still paying the employees. But that is obviously just more speculation.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #17
Platinum Member

It could be that the Roadtrek employees aren't even doing the inventory. Since it is part of an audit, and there have been mentions of invoice, inventory, record keeping, etc I would not be surprised if the auditors brought in their own inventory crew, possibly using a few employees to guide them around to find everything. Accounting and inventory control personnel probably would not be in charge of much of anything related to the audit, and the places I have worked, they always ran the inventory and reconciliations.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Was Roadtrek generating more revenue for EHG NA than the other EHG NA brands? If they are staffed for the full Hymer product line produced in Canada that may no longer be produced post Thor acquisition, is that not a problem for the Canadian workforce?
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #19
Platinum Member

I expect that the factory crews were all sent home, likely with no pay? (don't know Canadian law in this area) The auditors would definitely not be using them to do an inventory. Since this is an audit looking for wrong doing, I would expect it to be outside people with some assistance from EHGNA supervisors to help in finding and identifying things. This is a slow and very tedious job... having done them a few times in the past.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:02 PM   #20

I believe based on the amount of time you have been employed the workers would have to been given notice of a layoff or they would have had to been paid in lieu. It's possible they are counting, they are getting paid regardless.

If the Hymer family wanted to get out of the successful European RV market and sell for a couple of billion to Thor how much interest could they have in owning a company in Canada that may be part of a huge embezzlement scandal with losses in the millions (hypothetically).

If their losses are real, I would think they file for bankruptcy and then try to sell off what they can. Someone would most likely buy the Roadtrek name but not the liabilities. Thus owners would have no recourse or warranties. I hope this doesn't happen.
bvanman is offline   Reply With Quote