Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Anyone know about this

I found this the other day about free camping in campgrounds. I am not fully familier with camp clubs as I am fairly new, but reading this I can only ask myself where does the money come from to pay the park? http://www.rvthereyet.cc/camp4free.php
Is it a scam or how does it work?
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
Bronze Member

To me it looks like the company is using you as a salesman.
Trying to get you to sell the campground on buying a membership to their group. If you can talk the campground into it they will reimburse you one nights fee.
I didn't read anymore so I don't know if it offers you anything else but that wouldn't be enough for me.
As a traveling saleman I would expect a base salary and a commission
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I agree with FLSTFI's assessment.

Still, it seems like very little effort on your part might get you a reimbursement.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
Bronze Member

I did not mean anything was wrong with what they are doing. It is a win win situation for everybody. You could get a free night, the company would get more in membership and the campground would know that their advertising money is spent at the right place.
I agree with MarcoPolo, it sure wouldn't hurt to try.
Plus I would like to thank g1g for pointing out the website. I had never seen it before. It looks like it will be real handy to plan a trip or to refer to while traveling. Campgrounds, amenities, maps, local interest and what I really like, directions to the closest Costco, Flying J, Superwalmart etc.
I put that one in my favorites!
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:17 AM   #5

Thanks for the dialog about RVThereYet. I value any conversation good or bad. The site is just getting started and we are adding new things every week, the latest being a software version and the ability to search for campgrounds with wifi, but the feature I like the most is the ability for RVers to edit campground information (RVers keep the database accurate and current). As to the Camp4Free program it is definatly not a scam. If a campground signs up with RVThereYet because of you, I will pay for your one nights stay.

I tried to keep it pretty simple. You don't have to do any long winded speeches, just give them you unique 6 digit code, tell them you found their campground with RVThereYet and walk away. We have a flyer that can be printed out designed to represent that information. If they sign up, we reimburse you for your stay. I don't think the first one to approach the campground will get the reimbursement, it will probably be the fifth or sixth.

If you have any ideas about things we should add let me know.
RVThereYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:04 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

Here's another website with listings of free or almost free campgrounds around the US. Also keep in mind that alot of small towns have city parks with small campgrounds. It pays to drive around and look for them.

http://www.freecampgrounds.com/
Old 07-31-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
g1g
Platinum Member

So that is how it works. I see we got an answer directly from the source. I really couldn't figure it out and was thinking you would get a refund all the time but as stated you get one if the campground joins from your mentioning about it.
question for RVTHEREYET With all your info is this always going to be a free lookup for the RVer?
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 PM   #8

Yeah, that is the idea. Free to RVers. The site makes money from advertisers and campground owners. The idea with the Camp4Free program is if you like the site, and want to continue to use it, you will let campground owners know about it. Hopefully that will bring in some money to keep it going. I have no plans to charge RVers.

I will try to work on the wording to make the Camp4Free easier to understand.
RVThereYet is offline   Reply With Quote