Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 05:22 AM   #1

Default Anyone know anything about regency rv national traveler

Not sure if this post should go here or under manufacturers, but, does anyone have any info on this class b? Online it looks interesting and really good pricing for what you get...so is said anyway . https://www.regencyrv.com/national-traveler/

Thanks
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't know anything from direct user experience, but when I did a brief review of the Class Bs at the Houston RV show last year, I was not impressed with Regency's fit and finish (I didn't have time to inspect the mechanicals, given the setting).

Regency appears to be painting conventional RV graphics on this new model you mention... that will not be good for future resale value. Who makes these design decisions?! The trend is toward greater sophistication and relative stealth, or at least preserving the integrity of the van's original automobile-like appearance. The trend is NOT back toward "Grandma-mobile" swoopie-doopie styling, making it look more like a $16,000 plywood box trailer instead.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
...painting conventional RV graphics on this new model you mention...
I have been in one and it was solid black, no graphics. High ceiling for sure. Pretty basic looking construction, no idea about the mechanicals.
TygerMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I've not been in one. The smallish freshwater tank is kinda no good for me. The on demand hot water heater is a definite no go for us as most of our camping is without hookups. and on demand water heaters waste too much water. Even when getting a site with electric to deal with running the A/C we generally do not hook up the water unless we will be draining/filling holding tanks. With the 35 gallon capacity of our old 200 RT we can go 4-7 days without dealing with the tanks and upwards of two weeks when I'm traveling solo. I like the independence that that provides.

That all said, I'm sure it will work for some folks.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #5

Thanks all, I just hadn’t seen the brand before. Appreciate your input n thoughts.
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #6

Default Regency traveler

We have the regency Xalta and really like it. Finish inside and out nice. We moved from a class A to the B We almost always use hookups to the hot water system works well for us.
2blacklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #7
Platinum Member

The high roof version looks interesting. Looks like they have only been making RVs for a few years but the management have been doing conversions for a while.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300404956.html
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #8
Platinum Member

A recent review by MotorHome magazine.

High Marks | MotorHome Magazine
Old 01-12-2019, 12:18 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
A recent review by MotorHome magazine.

High Marks | MotorHome Magazine
When I first read about this super high-top National Traveler article, I was very excited to hear about the extra height (I'm 6'2"). But then I discovered they used the standard short wet bath and a short bed. That really burst my bubble.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #10

Hi. New user in the forums here. I'm 6' 6" and need a camper van the can accommodate me comfortably for driving, sleeping and just living inside. We're just getting started with camper vans. There seem to be so many options, with the National Traveler Regency RV possibly addressing all the needs of a very tall traveler.
pkazmercyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:44 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkazmercyk View Post
Hi. New user in the forums here. I'm 6' 6" and need a camper van the can accommodate me comfortably for driving, sleeping and just living inside. We're just getting started with camper vans. There seem to be so many options, with the National Traveler Regency RV possibly addressing all the needs of a very tall traveler.
The National Travelers are enticing for their interior height. But the first ones (at least) did not extend the wet bath height. An oversight, but maybe a cost-saving to use a standard Promaster bath shell. I hope they fixed that in subsequent models. My only other concerm would be the extra weight of the high top on carrying capacity.

Also, some Promaster shoppers report the seating position to be "different" and some reject the model for that reason. But many owners report that once they get used to it, they find it very comfortable.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:38 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkazmercyk View Post

sportsmobile used to put bubble tops on vans that could take that height.

they were put on Fords(no longer made) and chevy express

the voyager top on chevy is still listed
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:20 AM   #13
Silver Member

The beds are no longer than 73" square, so only accommodate tall people if they sleep across the corners, precluding a second person. The bath height is also low, and there is a marked lack of leg room for tall drivers in all Promasters. The PleasureWay OnTour 2.2 has 6'6" headroom, a 79" bed, a relatively spacious bath, and an agreeable driving position for taller drivers. It is the most accommodating Class B for tall drivers that I have seen.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #14

Default National Traveler

Curious if anyone knows the future of the Regency National Traveler? Was looking to find something at ~20 ft (not a dually or diesel) that seats 6 for short trips and also has 2 sleeping areas for camping like the explore. Called a couple dealers who said they can't order them. I emailed the contact from the Regency website and never got a reply. Then I called in and was told it was discontinued and when I inquired about possible replacements was sent to a voicemail with no return call. Now their web site says dealer stock only.

I don't see any other new options outside custom build or a larger unit unless the solis px will come with a sofa at some point as the p has no AC that is needed in the south. Regency looks like a smaller builder and with the popularity of the vans I find it odd they would quit something that people are buying now but I don't see the bigger picture. Does anyone see the sales slowing down for the winter?
JesseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #15

Default Regency RV

Ok, so they did get back to me eventually. The National Traveler is discontinued and no more are in production nor are they going to offer another Promaster version. They are going to keep making the bigger 25 footer on the Sprinter chassis and add a Ford version later but it seems like a B+ and geared towards a couple than a family.
JesseB is offline   Reply With Quote