Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Just got the notice that Pleasure-Way is introducing two new Transit based B-vans at Hershey this week. . .

https://rvbusiness.com/pleasure-way-...b-camper-vans/

Old 09-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Just got the notice that Pleasure-Way is introducing two new Transit based B-vans at Hershey this week. . .

https://rvbusiness.com/pleasure-way-...b-camper-vans/

Looks interesting. Pleasure-way may actually be ready to compete in the more hi tech range instead of just on quality.

Using all Ecoboost is a smart move, IMO, as anyone who test drives one will be sold on it. I know I would be.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Looks interesting. Pleasure-way may actually be ready to compete in the more hi tech range instead of just on quality.

Using all Ecoboost is a smart move, IMO, as anyone who test drives one will be sold on it. I know I would be.
I agree. Heading to the Hershey RV show tomorrow to have a look at these PWs and other new B-vans.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:18 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I agree. Heading to the Hershey RV show tomorrow to have a look at these PWs and other new B-vans.
Please report back. I'd take an Ecoboost any day. I've heard when you get on the throttle the mpg takes a big hit, but to me that's better than getting on the gas and not having any pick up.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:51 AM   #15
Platinum Member

I saw that Pleasureway has introduced two new Transit models at Hershey. They only have the brochure up on their website as yet. They do look nice. I await more photos.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Very interesting new Transit Class B's by Pleasureway. As usual, their floor plans are great. I wish Pleasureway would start to add a second alternator option to charge the batteries fast although this can probably be added without too much hassle. At least they have switched to a gas driven Onan Generator instead of LP although I would be tempted to just get rid of it and get the spare tire back. Otherwise it looks like a great van to me. It looks like they finally ditched the old 3 way refrigerators. It seems odd to me to haul a propane tank around and then not use it for a cooktop.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #17
Platinum Member

The pictures and specs in the brochure look great. Looks like they took everything Winnebago got right on the Paseo, and corrected everything they got wrong, plus added Lithium (but only 200AH) and 300W of solar. Nice big bathroom, and a compressor fridge like the Paseo, but longitudinal sleeping to make it work for taller folks.

The only thing I'd change is I prefer a propane burner over induction. They have propane for the heater, so why not use propane for the stove?
Old 09-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #18
Bronze Member

And PW kept the MSRP below the 2017 Paseo MSRP. Might be a winner but many will still go to the lower priced Travato.
mikeehlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Default Why do you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmemories View Post
Looking for used class B's, it seems the market is saturated with class b sprinters, but very few Transits (or for that matter, Promasters). Is that because the Sprinter Class B's have been around for a lot longer?

We're looking to purchased a used class B and really like the transit/promaster route for reliability and long term maintenance. But, I'm wondering if we're missing some great, viable options by not considering a class b on a sprinter chassis?

Are Transits/promaster class B's here to stay?
It's interesting how many times Ford has changed the names of their vehicles every time that particular model gets a bad reputation......

You know that the Ram Promaster is a Fist Ducato....

Remember the Aerostar, Windstar and Free Star...

I always find it curious when an automobile manufacturer has to constantly change the name of one of their models only to introduce a brand new version of the same thing....

I don't have a lot of confidence in Chrysler or Fiat....Fiat failed in the United States a couple of times and now that the Fiat 500 is back in the USA it has one of the lowest ratings from Consumer Reports......

By contrast, the Honda Accord, Subaru Outback and Toyota Camry have all had the same brand name and consistently been around for a a very long time.....

And, as a point of information, the Sprinter was first introduced in 1995...

There's got to be a reason why Federal Express is using a really big fleet of Sprinters....?

Do you see what I mean?
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
It's interesting how many times Ford has changed the names of their vehicles every time that particular model gets a bad reputation......

You know that the Ram Promaster is a Fist Ducato....

Remember the Aerostar, Windstar and Free Star...

I always find it curious when an automobile manufacturer has to constantly change the name of one of their models only to introduce a brand new version of the same thing....

I don't have a lot of confidence in Chrysler or Fiat....Fiat failed in the United States a couple of times and now that the Fiat 500 is back in the USA it has one of the lowest ratings from Consumer Reports......

By contrast, the Honda Accord, Subaru Outback and Toyota Camry have all had the same brand name and consistently been around for a a very long time.....

And, as a point of information, the Sprinter was first introduced in 1995...

There's got to be a reason why Federal Express is using a really big fleet of Sprinters....?

Do you see what I mean?
No, I don't.

As a point of information, the Transit was first introduced in 1965.