Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #1

Default Awning for Popular 190 with none

We are purchasing a 2000 Popular 190 that was ordered from factory with no awning. After contacting Roadtrek, I learned that one cannot be mounted now because there is no way to access the interior wall for attachment points. Has anyone had experience with this? Is there anyway we could even install a small awning over the entry door to shield rain?
Arkhikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi, I have a buddy who owns an older model westfalia, and it didn't come with an awning, but he ended up getting one from GO-WESTY.com, and they provided the mounting gear also, I'm not sure if its compatible, but go their website, take a look and maybe ask them what they think, there service guys are great to deal with,, hope this helps
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Go westy carries the Fiamma line which is what many B's use( F45L on my pleasure-way)

I could see mounting using expanding anchors or well- nuts

Fiamma had a mass murder/ shooting and is likely not up and running from the warehouse/offices if you need anything shipped specially

I have only used my awning for a total of maybe 5 hours in the past 2.5 years of ownership- wind can be an issue.
we park in the shade of a tree when we can

you may want to look at just getting a 10x10' pop up tent, cheaper, easier to set up and just throw it on the bed or lay across the back when you are rolling

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote