Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2017, 01:27 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
What's tough is accurately distinguishing "normal" wear and tear from owner abuse. Issues resulting from owner negligence shouldn't be charged to the builder.
This sorta reminds me of my Statistics class in college. The larger the sample size, the better. If I ask enough people, I'll see a trend.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #22
Platinum Member

It's important to look at how people actually use them--where they store stuff, etc. Of course, they won't be carrying exactly the same stuff as you, but you gotta wonder, for example, when their clothes are piled around in bags because the bedding for the convertible bed takes up the whole closet (saw this in a Roadtrek) or they are carrying a fold-up table because the provided table isn't big enough for two. You might not notice these details at a show room.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:11 AM   #23
Bronze Member

The funniest one I had was while on vacation last year....had the Van and Trailer in BC and I was waiting in the Van while the wife and kids were getting groceries...I saw this couple sitting in their car and they were pointing at the Van and I could have sworn I heard the man say...."That guy needs medication"...lol....then they started to drive away and stopped next to the Van and we chatted a bit about it...what he actually said was...."That takes dedication"...to make a 30 year old Van look new...Just one of many comments....
briancummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:15 AM   #24
Silver Member

What else can you say, or really like about your 70A? thanks
talktodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
Platinum Member

My favorite was "Where did you find cabinets that fit so well?" I built them.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #26
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
My favorite was "Where did you find cabinets that fit so well?" I built them.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #27

All the time. The creepiest was someone following me on the highway. I needed gas so I pulled off and he followed me. I didn't get out of my rig and he came up. He had been on the phone with his wife and was telling her about my rig and she wanted a pic but he couldn't get a good one driving down the road so he followed me in to ask if he could take a pic.
Carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolef View Post
He had been on the phone with his wife and was telling her about my rig and she wanted a pic but he couldn't get a good one driving down the road so he followed me in to ask if he could take a pic.
Welcome Carolef to the board

The things we will do for our wives. Following someone on the highway than following them off the highway.....that could be bad on either side of the coin but they ask and we do it ha ha

David

1997 RoadTrek 170
Popular
Davidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #29
Platinum Member

A neighbor was quite impressed with my rig and asked who makes them, I replied: MAG Rvs, a Trump owned company. The response was similar to walking into a raunchy fart. Snowflakes are abundant and easy marks here in Ca.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #30
Platinum Member

About every time I take the Jucy out (and I use it regularly for personal transport) someone asks about her. Might be the local Food Lion, or Friday in the WalMart lot. Often we see people pointing as we drive by. It has been a great ice breaker in campgrounds, too. The color combo is one attraction, but many see the "Penthouse" and pursue their curiosity. It's been great fun.

BTW: I saw Jucy recently thinned its fleet again, but now they are repainting all their "for sale" vehicles white, unless the buyer requests another color at extra charge - but none are being sold in the trademark lime green and purple livery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2934.jpg (312.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Think of the comments you could have gotten were this Wicked rather than Juicy.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Think of the comments you could have gotten were this Wicked rather than Juicy.
Now there's something that would draw attention. For the uninitiated, here are some of the graphics Wicked uses...from G-rated (Flintstones and Simpsons) to a bit more "edgy" with a touch of raunch. One of the few companies I've ever seen using the F-bomb in its advertising. I might opt for the white-out paint job on some of those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wicked1.JPG (96.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Wicked2.JPG (66.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #33
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman53 View Post
About every time I take the Jucy out (and I use it regularly for personal transport) someone asks about her. Might be the local Food Lion, or Friday in the WalMart lot. Often we see people pointing as we drive by. It has been a great ice breaker in campgrounds, too. The color combo is one attraction, but many see the "Penthouse" and pursue their curiosity. It's been great fun.

BTW: I saw Jucy recently thinned its fleet again, but now they are repainting all their "for sale" vehicles white, unless the buyer requests another color at extra charge - but none are being sold in the trademark lime green and purple livery.
They are very distinctive. A neighbor of ours a few blocks over has one of these green and purple vans. I never realized it was a class B until now.
knmtravel is offline   Reply With Quote