Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #21
Silver Member

I looked at the current La Fuma chairs on Amazon and they do have a different attachment system now. My chairs are somewhere in the 15-20 years old and still doing great.
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #22
Platinum Member

big lots- $22 on sale right now

buy 10, swap them out every 5 years and you'll still be ahead on cost for 50 years worth of seating

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 03:39 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Inside, I designed my own electrically operated zero gravity loungers/beds.

Old Post - but then... Nobody asked this question:

Davydd -

You designed and implemented these beds. Are the plans laying around still? Bill of materials on a laptop maybe? I guess maybe used linear actuators for the lift.

Inquiring minds want to know. Well at least I do. Any details would ease my consideration of (another) new project. Even placed athwart, would make bedtime reading and video more comfortable. Could forgo the beanbag option.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 05:56 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I designed them but Advanced RV built them. They were stymied for about 6 months because they couldn't find a platform that would give me the clearances I wanted with the underneath operation and not bumping the overhead cabinets with my head with full sit up to read position.Then a manufacturer (escapes my mind at this time) came out with a new bed designed on a 3/4" platform instead of a box spring with the operators not taking up to much space and I could still get their standard 5" thick mattress. I also wanted a 5 section mattress so I could get a head adjustment. I wanted a a 29" height of the mattress which I had with my home mattress so getting out of bed was easy peasy without lifting with my knees, and utilize space underneath the bed and have a cat litter space you see between the beds and whatever they do like on the right side bed. That's a lot of criteria requests and probably what you don't need but illustrates kins of things of what we went through.

Since our first, ARV has built several others with many different configurations. They might share some of their knowledge but it is up to them. They have on other thing.

Bottom line, if you can get a bed from the manufacturer I don't recall as of this writing but I think it is a major one. You can build one yourself but I think it would take a lot of custom rework. Like I doubt they have single beds let alone narrow single beds. I don't have the van anymore to give you more specific information or drawings.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:10 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Good information - Thanks.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote