Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #1

Default Best Sprinter conversion?

I'm newly retired and my wife and I want to buy a new Class B. We're completely new to this, except for the research we've done on the net. There are a lot of different models built on the Sprinter chassis; we've had a positive experience with an Airstream trailer in the past. Does anyone have an opinion on the Airstream Interstate? Also, there's a relatively new model called Krystal from a company that makes limousines; does anyone have any experience with it? Any help or advice would really be appreciated!
rroubaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: Best Sprinter conversion?

Found a demo vid on the Airstream Interstate. My RV is a Roadtrek on a Chevy Express van chassis, but there are a few folks on here who could give you info on Sprinter based vans.

Looks like a pretty standard Sprinter based B conversion. Liked the macerator waste pump as standard equipment.
I think you might ask some of the Leisure Travel, and Pleasureway owners on here what they think, as
their newer rigs (I think) are on Sprinter platforms as well. And the new Roadtrek RS Adventurous, but I'm not sure
if anyone on here has one of those.
Looks decent though (the Airstream I/S), with a price new around $112,000.
It looks like it has 4 captains chairs. I've always figured if it's just me and my wife, why would I
want 2 extra seats? To me, it's unnecessary and a poor use of space, unless you're planning on
picking up hitch-hikers.
You could try the keyword "search" function located at the top right hand corner of each page on here,
if you're just looking for specific info on anything class B RV. It's pretty good. In the meantime, just be
patient and the Sprinter crowd will add their comments pretty soon.

BTW, welcome!
Mike.