Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
Gold Member

Default Re: Bought new P-W Plateau

I've only had my 2011 Plateau since April and have had many "fuel gauge induced freak outs" when the gauge drops to "0" and the lights all come on! I think I need a 12 step program for it! I'm also finding that the "bars" are not equal in mileage - I'll go 50+ on the 1st bar and sometimes the 2nd to last bar only lasts 10 miles! I haven't figured it out. Also sometimes if the vehicle has been sitting the gauge will "round up" the fuel and you'll think you have say 4/10th of a tank and then after you drive 10-15 miles it will suddenly drop to 2/10 and then to zero long before you expected it to! I'm finding that resetting the trip odometer when you re-fuel is the best way to truly know where you stand in terms of "do I need fuel?" The last time I got fuel was on I-83 in Central PA - the light came on and I felt confident I could get to my destination and have fuel to spare, but of course I was panicked so I stopped at the one and only gas station, that luckily had diesel, in the area and put 19.9 gallons in. Not even 20! And I'd driven a good 10 miles since the light came on! grrrrr.... I so totally could have made it the 15-20 miles to the exit I wanted.

What did you teach? I'm an Elementary Reading Resource Teacher - I work mostly with k-3 doing a lot of intervention as well as teaching teachers. I used to teach 1st grade and before that Kindergarten. Also used to live in Cincinnati Ohio!

Enjoy the PW! Come on over with more questions & stories!
teachergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Nice looking rig. I especially like the spare on the back. You must have lots of room under the sofa for storage.

Our bathroom door latch worked perfectly when we got it, but once in the dry mountains, I think the wood has shrunk and the latch no longer stays latched. We were constantly slamming the door shut around almost every curve until we thought of a quick fix: an expanding curtain rod extended between the door and the cabinet opposite.

My husband is now working on materials to shim the latch catch for a permanent fix.

Isn't RVing wonderful?!
VanGoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #23

Default Any problems with your table?

Hi fellow P.W. Plateau owners -
Went out for our first over-night in my 07/08 Plateau Sunday night. I'm hoping the learning curve isn't too long to figure out all the systems! The most disturbing problem so far is that we can't get the leg to the table back out, so it can't be stored in the closet at the moment. The leg had a bare end and an end cover in like a plastic cap. The plastic capped end wouldn't fit into the hole in the floor, so we figured it went into the table-top. But the table was pretty wobbly when put together this way AND we can't get the leg out of the table-top now, not even after spraying where the two pieces fit together with a lubricant "Liquid Wrench". On the carpet where the hole is for the table there is a circular indentation, like maybe a base is supposed to be in place there to put the leg in, but haven't found any such base around the camper, nor have I seen a base when viewing pictures/videos (youtube) of other folks Plateau tables. Have any of you had a problem with the table? Suggestions?
~ Adlai in central Ohio
AdlaiJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #24
Bronze Member

Adlai, we've had that table leg problem a couple of times. We just kept twisting and turning it, pulling it to one side then the other, until it finally came out.

The table is not terribly stable...can't see cutting steak on it!...but it serves well for the kind of cooking and eating we do.

Good luck on solving your problem.
VanGoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote