Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #1

Question Buying PW Plateau TS What's a Fair Deal?

Help! I'm a newbie and have a hold on a new 2019 Pleasure Way TS. Spending lots of time reading and searching for information on what discount to expect off the MSRP. Our PW is at a dealer and has all 2019 options, including radius cabinets. I understand they need to make money, but want to be able to negotiate a deal that is fair to buyer and seller. All responses appreciated.
rdlvae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Tough to give precise info in our case as we traded in a truck and Airstream trailer at teh same time we bought our 2019 Plateau FL with opitions such as solar, Alcao wheels, screens, and white chocolate radiused cabinets.

However on paper, they allowed us a little over 10% of MSRP , however, in addition to that they gave us a much better deal on our trade ins than I was expecting beased on my review of selling prices of similar vehicles.

W got more that we aid for our Airstream ten years ago. Mind you we are in Canada, and bought it at a time when the Canadian dollar was above par with the US, compared to todays exchange rate at about $0.75 for the Canadian dollar so that would be a big factorto our advantage.

As well, for our diesel truck, they gave is a bi better than the asking prices that I was seeing for similar age vehicles wit similar low mileage on Autotrader, so, calculating in the tax savings we also made and much less hassle trading in what we had rather than the aggravation and possibe fraud or danger of selling privately,I was quite satisfied with teh deal.

This was after about two weeks of negotiating back and forth between a couple of dealers.

We might have done still better had we bought one of the lot. To get the one we wanted - my wife really loved teh white chocolate interorand I admit I like it too - the dealer had to order one for us. We ordered in May last year and got it in September.

All things considered, I'm thinking we got something like 15% off MSRP but who really knows!

Good luck with your negotiations - not something I ever enjoy very much.

In this case I came away with a fairly good feeling - but not for a moment thinking the dealer was crying in his beer either!

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #3

Brian, thank you for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. Appreciate the help.
rdlvae is offline   Reply With Quote