Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

Default C B Radio on PW Excel.

Hi, I own an /05 PW Excel TD & I would like to instal a cb radio, the problem is that there aren't too many spots for installation to choose from, & also, where to install the antena? & how to route the antena wire? Does the PW comes pre wired for cb? Also, the lid to my sewer connection keeps coming off during travel, no matter how tight it is, any reason for that, what can I do? I've lost 3 already. Thanks for your help. Louie.
Itaricans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: C B Radio on PW Excel.

A few members have CB radios. They should be able to offer some advice. I doubt there's any pre-wiring for it in the coach.

Are you referring to the termination cap on the waste pipe?

There seems to be lots to choose from. Some have 2 hooks, some have 4 hooks. I'd try a few different ones to get the best fit. Also, mine sort of snaps into place during the last millimeter or so of twisting it. It's kind of difficult to put on and difficult to take off because it is very tight. Is it possible that you are not rotating it far enough?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg termination cap.jpg (28.6 KB, 778 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #3

Thanks, that's the one, I've made sure that's on tight, but it has come off 3 xs already. I've read on another forum that some class b's come already wired for cb radios, that's why I'm asking. Thanks a lot again. Louie.
Itaricans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Have you considered a portable CB radio rather than a hardwired one?

http://fleetwooddp.com/digital/index.ph ... cts_id=867
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Your 2005 Pleasure-way did not come pre-wired for any future change or addition. Pleasure-way pretty much built exactly and only what was offered as standards and options in their brochure. There were no options for much in 2005.

When you put the sewer cap on you have to make sure it is all the way tight as it snaps in place when all the way on. Take a rag and clean the posts, pipe and cap before you put it on. You should have that connector link you see in the photo but if your cap falls off the cap will hit the pavement anyway and probably get damaged or eventually break away. That connector is there I think as a convenience as to not to forget it similar to a gas cap.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
Silver Member

Not trying to talk you out of a CB radio, but there's really not much on the channels except the truckers, and most of that stuff is pretty "colorful". Seems CB's have gone the way of the dinosaur.
If you haven't had one lately, you might want to get a portable that can be permanently installed at a later time if you decide you like it.
If you just want it for emergencies in case of bad cell phone reception, there is an app for smart phones that will let you send texts over radio waves. Hellochat is one for IPhones.
Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I looked at Hellochat in Apple App Store. No ratings and only comment says it is a virus infected App that takes over your email account. BEWARE!!!

- - Mike
2013 Airstream Interstate on 2012 Sprinter 3500 tall & long