Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default California Dealer Recommendations

Has anyone dealt with a dealer in California that they LIKED? It's easy to read about all the horror stories, but you don't see many recommendations.

I'd be willing to travel to Nevada or Oregon, but I don't know what the rules are for buying a new Class B out of state - automobiles have emissions requirements that can make it hard to register a new out-of-state vehicle.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #2

We bought our Pleasure Way, Ascent from Wagon Trail Rv in Las Vegas, Daryl walked us through all the models before we made our decision. As far as the emissions, I don't think it's a real issue. Neither is the registration, a temporary one will get you home.
Big-Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks. How long had you been contemplating a Class B before buying it? Did you feel the price was reasonable? Were there any add-on charges? And, finally, if you have had to have your new RV serviced, how did that go?

My nearest dealer is 120 miles away and wants a mandatory $500 for checking out all the equipment, which will take a week after we purchase it. Unfortunately, Yelp reviews indicate they won't actually fix anything.
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #4

We looked at a lot of different styles and models for about 9 months. When we purchased our Ascent , there was a few things on it ,that were not on the as built invoice. There was no up charge for these items. No scheduled service yet, the Sprinter will go 20,000 miles before it's first service. We have had to get one of the touch screens replaced ( controller for lights, water pump,etc) at no charge. The Ascent fits in our drive way, so no hoa issues either.
Big-Lou is offline   Reply With Quote