Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 PM   #61
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Many people in Europe smoke like chimneys. The whole cancer statistical thing... they haven't really connected with that yet. I spent some time working there for a client. I was surrounded by so many smokers that I lost much of my sense of smell in a few days. Their toilets might, indeed, have stunk to high heaven, but it would have been lost on me.
I'm saying that with levity but the underlying facts are true. Many of them smoke like fiends, even the ones with high levels of education.
Interesting link of your opinion about smoking Europeans with cassette discussion, in the lack of valid argument I see you point, have you however used a cassette toilet once?

Your opnion about smoking Europens is interesting, for the last decade I live in EU for a few months per year. Did not find them stinky, public bathrooms are clean, rest stops are clean with showers, they have designated smoking place just like we do. Being retired my nose is still good. Last time I was smoke poisoned was on the Bullet Train from Tokyo to Kyoto, but this was a different place.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #62
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
It's like the flux capacitor.....It hasn't been invented yet, but I would love to have one.
Got it, just by being Lithium powered this new technology will be excepted and have a new beginning, no more Republicans or Democrats, just folks who have and have not the Cassettes, Allelujah!
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 AM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
...in the lack of valid argument I see you point, have you however used a cassette toilet once?

Levity aside, my most valid argument is holding capacity. In one of my primary target boondocking locations, I am a 40 mile round trip from the nearest dump station. And there are no toilets, no commerce, no stores, no Denny's restaurants in between my land and that location. I have to have a black tank large enough to minimize my number of trips there and back.

And I DO use the woods out in those remote conditions, but not always, not when it's 38 degrees and pouring rain because it's not worth soaking half my wardrobe just to take a leak (why have a van in the first place?!). And I never use the woods at night, as that would result in seventeen thousand mosquitoes being brought into the van with each trip out. Don't believe it? Try boondocking in the Canadian bush. Count your mosquitoes and black flies on your way back in. Assuming you don't suffocate entirely on the d*mned things during your woods-using attempt, that is.

Cassette has its applications in specific scenarios, I'm sure. What I just described is not one of them.

EDIT: I can't recall whether I posted this on any other Class B thread, but here's a pic of 'er, BTW. That's my little van in the lower right corner. I'm danged proud of that land, but there is nnnnnothing out there. No toilets for as far as the eye can see. And I'm not dumping untreated sewage to the environment. I will go that 40 miles round trip to the nearest station. I need a large black tank to do this gig.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:24 AM   #64
BBQ
Platinum Member

Wow that's beautiful.