Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Check tire pressure

I last checked the tire pressure about one month ago. In my B+ I run 65psi in all 6 tires.

Drivers side front was 49psi ! All off the rest were close to 65. I'll have to check the drivers side front often to see if it has a slow leak.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Look it over real good and if you can't find a nail or screw in it put a little soapy water around the valve itself to make sure it isn't leaking. If it is a metal one make sure it is tight.
Make sure the valve stem itself is seated good and it is tight. You can put a little of that soapy water on it and see if it bubbles. If it does loosen and tighten it a few times to see if it will seat.
Check for "foreign objects" in the cap. Once I got a little piece of dirt in one and when the cap was screwed on it pushed the stem just enough to cause a sloooow leak.
Hopefully it is one of the easy things you can take care of at home.
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks for the good tips.

I will try them.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #4

With the cap off, you might give it a tiny shot of WD40 before airing it up. It'll help re-seat the seal. If you've got steel stems, I just saw a gizmo called a SpiraGage that is, essentially, a pressure guage indicator cap that stays on while you're rolling.

I'm probably going to buy one SpiraGage just to see how it holds up off-road with a few scrapes in the brush. If it works out, it's a lazy-mans way to check the pressure without much effort which suits me fine.
langard is offline   Reply With Quote