Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Chevy Bilstein shock issue

I noticed on our 07 C190P that the front upper rubber shock mount bushings were squeezing out and distorting a couple of weeks ago. They are Bilstein shocks I put in last fall that have about 1000 miles on them. After a bunch of checking, phone calls, and sent pics of the original mounts (OEM), Bilstein has determined they sent the wrong upper mounts with the shocks, and they sent me the proper replacements. I wouldn't consider the situation dangerous, it wouldn't affect the handling, but eventually it could wear the mounting stud, and gouge out the mounting hole in the van. It would get noisy, however.

If you have had Bilsteins put on your 03-10 Chevy, front part #BE5-G611-H0, send me an e-mail and I will let you know how to identify if they are wrong and who to contact to get the right mounts if yours are wrong.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Chevy Bilstein shock issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
If you have had Bilsteins put on your 03-10 Chevy, front part #BE5-G611-H0, send me an e-mail and I will let you know how to identify if they are wrong and who to contact to get the right mounts if yours are wrong.
Is there a legal or ethical reason not to post the info in this thread?

Did Bilstein just have the wrong bushings in the box; bushings for a different application?
2014 Honda CR-V
1965 Dodge Coronet 440
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Is there a legal or ethical reason not to post the info in this thread?

Did Bilstein just have the wrong bushings in the box; bushings for a different application?
No reason that I can think of, but at the time I didn't have good pics yet or know if I was the only one with the wrong parts. I generally wouldn't give out contact info, though, as I have seen that abused in the past, especially like this case where you are dealing with folks normally not available to the public. Several folks contacted me for the pics of the parts, and descriptions, but no one came back for contact info, so I have to conclude it was probably and isolated case, even though the Bilstein parts list also showed the wrong parts. The upper bushings I got were definitely for something other than a Chevy 1 ton.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

That makes sense, about the contact info.

Did the new bushings have specific part numbers?
2014 Honda CR-V
1965 Dodge Coronet 440
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
That makes sense, about the contact info.

Did the new bushings have specific part numbers?
They came in plain plastic bags with no numbers on them, unfortunately. They very well may be Chevy parts, as they are identical to the OEM ones that were taken out,