Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Default Class B bed size

I am 6 ft tall and looking for a model with bed that would fit a tall person. I had a Coachmen in the past that the bed was 6 ft and that is a little short.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. 1998 to 1995 year range
mexsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Our bed is 54” x 76” exactly the same as in our last Bigfoot trailer. I am 6'2". Having good experience with this size from the trailer the decision to have 54” x 76” was easy. It is exactly a Full size. A minimum size for us for open sides bed is either Queen or King size 60”/70” x 80” and we have both. In the van the bed is constrained on both sides and 54” width is enough.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default It's big enough for us.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Our bed is 54” x 76” exactly the same as in our last Bigfoot trailer. I am 6'2". Having good experience with this size from the trailer the decision to have 54” x 76” was easy. It is exactly a Full size. A minimum size for us for open on sides bed us is either Queen/King size 60”/70” x 80” and we have both. In the van the bed is constrained on both sides and 54” width is enough.
Ours is 69 wide by 78 inches.....

You have to be careful to check out the specs ....

I recently met someone who was selling his RT mainly because he hated the bed.... what a shame......

Also, the orientation/direction of how you sleep makes a huge difference....we can sleep fore to aft.... some people can only sleep horizontally across the width of the vehicle... I definitely would not like that....

Sleeping like we do each gives us a window we can open for fresh air and a cupholder right next to our bedside...

Unless you are sleeping on the "twins"... you'll have to crawl out of bed in a Class B.... that's OK.... most of the time we're just sleeping....if you want more space... stay home.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #4

I am 6’2”. The bed in our 1996 PleasureWay Excel is exactly long enough for me but not any longer than needed.
RobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
Lou
Platinum Member

My 1 year old, grandson interrupted so much that my first reply was lost. Hope this isn't double.
Our P.W. Excel has couch and two side seats at back. It can be a queen or 2 twins joined at top (couch). We like twin (easy to get out) but my husband wanted more room.

Instead of using whole board to fill gap, he made an L shaped board and uses 1 of the 2 cushions that would fill the gap. We can still get out easily and he sleeps at a slight angle and has more room.

The L board stores inside the storage of the seat on his side. To make it more stable, he drilled 2 holes in top of board and 2 holes in board inside the storage. At night he drops 2 bolts through to ensure it stays in place. It is very quick to set up.
It can even stay in place the next day and we can still use the couch with our table.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
Bronze Member

We are selling our RT Popular 190 just to get more space. Ironically, many of the class C that I liked have beds are too small. I am 5' 11" and slept like a rock in the Roadtrek. The styles (Murphy, etc...also put us off, as we want a permanent bed that we can access without opening a slide, in a 25' or less RV. Hard to find!
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #7
Platinum Member

We have a 2007 RT 210 Versatile, I am 6'4" and I have no problem sleeping on the RT's bed.
I can lay out on the bed and not touch the sides.
We did add a piece of posturepedic foam to make
Sleeping more comfortable.
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #8

We have a 2006 Roadtrek 170. We sleep comfortably in it horizontally. I am 6"2" and sleep in complete comfort. About the only issue is, if I wish to stretch my feet out into an extended position pointing my toes, I need to move my feet slightly to the left or right.
donmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:49 AM   #9
Gold Member

As others have noted, the bed in our RT 190 Popular is big. With a gel topper added, it is very comfortable. It also doubles as our TV lounge, since we don't bother to remake it into a dining table and sofas. It has so much room, we ended up piling gifts and souvenirs for the grandkids along the sides of the bed on our around the country trip, and still had room for both of us and the dog.