Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #21
Silver Member

FWIIW I test drove a Hymer, and the noise of the squeaks and rattles was terrible. Truly horrendous.

Later I test drove a fully built Sportsmobile (Fresno) on a very bumpy road (even worse than the Hymer test road) near Sportsmobile ..... zero squeaks and rattles. Impressive!
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Default Class b cabin noise

It’s taken a few years to track down most of the noise in our 2013 Roadtrek RS. But we are mostly there.

Most rattles seem to come from the stuff you put in the cabinets and drawers rather than the quality of the build which in our case was good. We ended up lining most surfaces inside cabinets and drawers with cushy shelf liner material cut to fit and stapled them in. Bathroom door hardware was a problem though. Velcro, foam, silicon, towels and other soft materials have become our best friends.

One spot that took us too long to find was the turntable in the microwave. But we now wrap it in a towel. We also ended up cutting custom foam to hold utensils and silverware so it can’t rattle in drawers.

To reduce road noise, we did the front doors and the sliding doors with sound deadening materials. Then we lined the floor in front and inside the cabinet over the front seats with carpet pad covered by a heavy rubber floor mat cut to fit with materials from home improvement stores. Road noise lower now.

I doubt we will ever stop hearing and hunting down some rattles and noise but we’ve stopped a lot of it.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote